The Click Start Graduate Scheme immerses you in the best bits of our organisation. During your first three months you’ll move around different departments to provide you with an invaluable insight into the nature of our business, the needs of our customers and the systems that we use. You’ll also get a chance to attend site visits in order to experience Click Travel from the client side and gain a full understanding of our clients’ interests, challenges and questions.
After touring the business, for your next three months you’ll be placed in one of the following departments: account management, implementation, sales, marketing, operations or finance. The scheme then offers you the opportunity to continue in a permanent role at Click Travel (as well as a salary increase)
Click Start was designed to drive rapid knowledge growth, ensuring you learn as much as possible about how Click works and also the business travel industry as a whole.
Our managers openly encourage new ideas and offer chances to explore new skills. We operate on personalised and tailored development plans for each person in the company and you’ll also benefit from regular 1-2-1 sessions with your mentor, as well as our external leadership training expert, Louise Whitehead.
Exceptional product, exceptional benefits
We know that happy people create happy customers. We’re proud to support our employees with an amazing range of perks and benefits, including:
- Be heard
- Everyone has the opportunity to go out for lunch with the senior leadership team of the company to chat about things and learn about our vision and future.
- Give back 1% time
- Every employee is encouraged to donate 1% of their working time to the community.
- Enjoy the ride
- From Summer and Christmas parties to themed office days and online games, we ensure that your hard work is balanced out with a bit of fun.
- We’re not slaves to clock watching and manage our employees by output rather than presenteeism
- Share the perks
- Access to substantially discounted hotel rates, air and train tickets.
- Perfect pick-me-ups
- Free snacks and drinks in the office every day.
That’s just a sneak peak, you can find out about the full list of benefits we offer on our website.
What we are looking for
- Good communication skills, including a high standard of spoken and written English
- Ability to listen and articulate ideas verbally
- Ability to build effective relationships with colleagues, customers and external partners
- Ability to work well in multi-disciplined/cross functional teams
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Methodical, accurate and organised
- Commercial awareness and judgement
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-changing environment - to include taking on tasks outside of your normal duties to support the team if necessary
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines with the ability to multi-task, working on several projects at any one time without frequent supervision
- Drive, initiative and enthusiasm
- Previous work experience or industrial placement in a relevant business
- Evidence of previous charitable work
- Previous experience in a leadership role e.g. student societies or in a work environment
- Interest in tech innovations and advancements
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Our assessment centre is due to be held at the end of November 2019. Exact dates will be released nearer the time. Our assessment centre tests a range of skills including numerical, English language and communication skills through short tasks, of which one is pre-prepared and others are to be completed on the day.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28 October 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 28 October 2019