Click Travel is growing fast, which creates a fantastic opportunity for you to become a vital part of our product engineering team - the people responsible for building, maintaining and constantly improving our award-winning booking platform.
What you’ll do
- Work on the software that powers the Click Travel platform by writing Node.js code and tests
- Work with metrics that tell you how your software is performing
- Continuously improve your engineering skills and practises
- Evangelise and spread your DevOps and cloud engineering mentality to your colleagues
- Look out for ways to improve our development processes
- You're part of an agile, multidisciplinary team. You bring your unique skills and leverage them when collaborating with others to accomplish goals
- You contribute to work within the team, and help balance the priority of tasks
- You experiment, test, try, fail and learn all the time - with one thing at a time
- You use data to suggest an approach
- You constantly ensure code is running in production as early as is responsibly possible.
- You don’t do things just because they were always done that way
- You don’t ignore the lessons learned, however - even those learned by others
What we can offer you:
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success. We offer the option of fully remote (within UK), or working from our office HQ in Birmingham.
Exceptional product, exceptional benefits - We know that happy people create happy customers. We’re proud to support our employees with an amazing range of perks and benefits, including:
- Be heard - everyone has the opportunity to go out for lunch with the senior leadership team of the company to chat about things and learn about our vision and future
- Give back 1% time - every employee is encouraged to donate 1% of their working time to the community
- Enjoy the ride - from Summer and Christmas parties to themed office days and online games, we ensure that your hard work is balanced out with a bit of fun
- Feel the flexibility - we manage our employees by output, so you can work in a way that balances with your life
- Share the perks - access to substantially discounted hotel rates, air and train tickets
- Perfect pick-me-ups - free snacks and drinks in the office every day
What we are looking for
- You can work with (or be eager to learn about) Node.js, or other AWS serverless friendly technologies such as Lambda and DynamoDB
- You want to work with services that span from user-facing services, to the foundations that run them.
- You have knowledge of working with datastores.
- You find ways to communicate as part of your team.
- You are an agile engineer
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
- If we think you fit the bill, we’ll send you an online coding test that reflects some real life Click Travel problems.
- Pass and we’ll progress you to the second stage, a telephone interview.
- If the interview is successful, you'll be invited to an assessment day at our office in central Birmingham on Wednesday 27 November 2019
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 21 October 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 13 November 2019