Our vacation schemes are the perfect opportunity for you to experience life with our firm. You’ll spend two weeks with us and, although some of your time will be about you getting to know what we do and who we work with, you’ll have plenty of time to get to know our trainees, associates and partners too.
If you’re keen to embark on a career in law, a vacation scheme with us could be the perfect stepping stone. These two weeks will give you a real insight into our firm, the opportunity to learn about how the law is applied in our core industry sectors and we’ll always aim to enable you to be placed in the department of your choice.The salary is £350 per week in London or £300 in Manchester.
What to expect:
• Be immersed in our firm and the work we do from day one
• Experience real work by observing cases, drafting responses, providing advice and preparing research
• Get involved in significant deals, meetings and negotiations
• Your contribution will be rewarded too – London: £350 per week; Manchester: £300 per week
• See how our lawyers provide a complete legal service to clients in our core practice areas
• Attend court hearings, arbitrations and mediations to see the different types of litigation available first-hand
• Attend seminars, networking events and social events with colleagues and clients
The vacation scheme is your opportunity to get to know us, and our opportunity to get to know you. Across the scheme you'll complete a number of assessments, including an interview. We'll use these, together with feedback from your supervisor and team, to decide whether to offer you a training contract.
Throughout your time with us, you can expect unrivalled training and support. You’ll have a dedicated buddy on hand to help you over the two weeks – and beyond if you accept a training contract with us. You’ll also receive guidance from a senior fee earner along with coaching and support from our graduate team – especially when it comes to your training contract interviews.
You’ll need to apply online – the sooner you apply the better as we only have a limited number of spaces and we recruit all of our trainees from this programme. You can apply online to join us on a Vacation Scheme from between the 1st October 2020 and 3rd January 2021. Assessment centres will take place in early 2021.
What we are looking for
AAB at A Level, On track for 2:1 degree (mitigating circumstances and Rare contextual recruitment system considered).
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £300 - £350
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 3 January 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 3 January 2021