Want to join us and help connect people?
We’re looking for a Product Design graduate to join our New Product Development team. This is a fantastic role for someone with knowledge of product design and strong Solidworks skills looking to develop their career.
Interested? Then apply now.
Reporting into the Head of Marketing and Business Development, you will be responsible for working with the established New Product Development team to ensure that new products are delivered in line with the business objectives. The role involves developing a range of products, which can be tested, manufactured and launched, with support from a range of colleagues including product engineers, marketers and sales. As well as having an excellent technical knowledge, it is essential that you can work alone and as part of a team, to deliver each project on time.
This is a challenging role working within a traditional manufacturing SME but is ideally suited to an individual who really wants to cut their teeth in the world of Product Design and make a real difference to the future success of our business.
An outline of the role will include:
- Preparing and agreeing project specifications, budgets and timescales with the product team
- Undertaking relevant research working alongside the Product Co-ordinator
- Implementing concepts and designs taking them to manufacturing drawings where necessary
- Creating test procedures, recording, analysing and interpreting test data
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products in our product lab
- Communicating with management and documentation for the rest of the business
- Researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timescales
- Making models and prototypes of products using three-dimensional design software
- Monitoring a product in use to improve on future design
- Working to British (BS), European (EN) and other standards
The successful candidate may be expected to work extra hours to ensure deadlines are met and some travel, including visits to our London showroom, is often required to visit customers, suppliers and competitors’ showrooms etc.
What we are looking for
- Experience of designing and developing NPD projects
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate solid experience in 3D software, e.g. Solidworks
- Electrical design background would be a distinct advantage
- A proven team player with a passion for delivering business goals
Candidates must have a good Product Design degree and be able to demonstrate sound technical experience.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please upload your CV and covering letter outlining how you feel would fulfill the role with your knowledge and experience.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 13/07/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 13/07/2018
Additional job details
|Location||Rotherham, South Yorkshire|