Are you interested in creating industry leading digital enterprise applications that will help clients grow their business?
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses.
The Digital Engineering practice is responsible for helping clients leverage next generation software in order to engage customers more directly, easily and precisely by developing production ready applications at record speed.
As an apprentice in Digital Engineering, you will be responsible for using modern software development techniques and to develop and refine apps which meet customers’ needs. Typical day to day responsibilities will include the below:
- Building and deploying modern software using techniques such as DDD, TDD, CI/CD
- Design and implement event driven cloud native microservices architecture using CloudFoundry
- Design and implement fault tolerant microservices using Spring boot and Spring cloud – service versioning, reuse, discovery, configuration, security, monitoring
- Working with document based NoSQL database systems – MarkLogic
- Working with log based messaging solutions ‐ Kafka
- Applying domain driven design techniques such as event storming, event shunting
- End to end solution delivery, responsible for designing solutions, writing code, tests cases, executing test cases, automating build, test and deployment, environment provisioning and configuration
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and architecture teams
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Owners to help define and shape deliverables, provide estimates, highlight technical risks and determine technical solutions
- Ensure focussed understanding of key areas of the product and related technologies within the team
- Help promote innovation, best in class execution and exploration of new ideas as a culture
- Liaise with operations for technical analysis of the issues
- Collaborate with other technology and product teams to ensure integrated end‐to‐end design
- Active participation in the Agile ceremonies and contribute to the overall functioning of self‐organised, empowered, high performance team
- Research, learn new methodologies and technologies and implement them in the project to continuously improve and optimize design, code, build, deploy, test lifecycle
- Collaborate and actively contribute in discussions to help define technology and development approach within the team
Training, support and coaching
- Cognizant will be engaging future employees via the Harvey Nash Future Skills Programme. The programme ensures that “Apprentice Developers” will be taught and mentored by tech experts at the prestigious Corndel Software Engineering Academy. As an apprentice in Digital Engineering, you will be responsible for using modern software development techniques and to develop and refine apps which meet customers’ needs
- Apprentice developers will learn the latest software development methodologies during an intensive 15 month training programme and receive a level-four diploma in Software Development Methodologies, accredited by the British Computer Society.
- In addition to the intensive up front training you will receive as part of your apprenticeship, prior to starting your client engagement you will attend a full Induction and Training Program for early career individuals where you will learn everything about Software Development
- Throughout your first 15 months we will monitor your progress and offer coaching, training and support to help you achieve your long‐term career goals. In addition to your day to day project manager, we'll assign a mentor to ensure all the help and support you need to start your career on the best footing
- You will be assigned to a client engagement in the UK to work with experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions so that you get practical working experience from the beginning
- Cognizant work with the best of the best ‐ a representative client list is available on their website ‐ and offer a highly competitive basic salary plus additional benefits
Skills and competencies
- A STEM related graduate level education with the academic ability to grasp Computer Science concepts
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidates must have the ability to work and travel in the UK and Europe without restriction.
- What’s on offer
- A career in one of the largest and fastest growing IT services provider worldwide
- A comprehensive training program
- A challenging international environment
- Opportunity to work for the large multinationals and other leading companies
Visit us online or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.
How to apply
Email us via the Apply button with a copy of your CV and some info around your interest in becoming a software developer.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20/02/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Additional location information||Candidates must have the ability to work and travel in the UK and Europe without restriction|
Up to £29,000