The finance and commercial team provide the commercial and finance functions to support Alliance. This includes finance, commercial, contract/legal matters and budget control and reporting.
The Cost clerk/Commercial apprentice will provide cost administration activities to support projects and the commercial team within the Alliance.
We are looking to develop individuals for our longer term project stream, essentially to support our quantity surveying function and would welcome applicants with an interest in this area and/or are looking for their first career challenge in this sector.
We are encouraging experienced finance/commercial persons, and/or school leavers/graduates to apply as full training and development will be provided with the role.
This will involve working at our Birmingham city centre office working initially on our Centenary Square extension project.
Main duties of the post
- Cost control function – processing Goods Received Notes (GRNS)
- Ensure cost returns are completed for labour, plant and materials
- Recording of labour / plant / material and subcontract costs
- Maintaining site cost records, GRN’s, plant tickets etc
- Analysing / resolving invoice/ payment queries
- Cost control and administration
- Maintenance of the contract database
- Responsible for collating and recording time sheets from Midland Metro Alliance Organisations.
- Input into Alliance Earned Value Management System
- Finance and/or construction commercial management qualification advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Working in a finance or commercial function preferably within the engineering or construction sector
- Knowledge of finance systems
- Cost and budget administration
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
How to apply
Click apply button and in keyword box - search Clerk
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/06/2018