To provide commercial support to Colas Rail Services contracts. This will be achieved through an ability to effectively manage internal and external customers and an in depth understanding of the commercial deliverables of the contracts.
Key success measures
- Safety – support the implementation of the Colas Rail Limited Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) strategy, associated actions and resulting initiatives, to deliver continuous improvement in all areas.
- Profitability – ensure work is carried out with a continuous view to profitability and efficiency and look after our shareholders by guaranteeing that they see value for money and a profitable business.
- Quality – quality is key to competitiveness. Take responsibility for delivering on time and on budget a high quality product or service, which Colas Rail can take pride in.
- Respect – demonstrate respect for colleagues, our clients and the environment in all areas of work.
- Manage the day to day commercial administration of the contracts, including preparing internal and external reports and representing the company at client meetings.
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with internal and external clients.
- Manage, report on and optimise, cost, opportunities and contract performance.
- Identify cost savings on existing contracts and feed these back to the Contract Manager
- Ensure that all due revenue is correctly billed and collected in a timely manner.
- Identify and manage risk on the contracts.
- Manage the record keeping process to support contracts delivered by the division required for financial cost control and reporting, measuring and valuing work.
- Provide timely and accurate contract reports on period results and full life projection, including reports on un-agreed amounts included in end life forecast.
- Raise applications for payment and invoices as required.
- Manage cash flow of contracts including cash receivable from clients and payments due to suppliers.
- Monitor contract results against budget, identifying and reporting on major factors causing material differences.
- Manage the aged debt process and escalate any monies due to ensure a timely resolution to any issues.
- Deal with insurance claims and divisional insurance management issues.
- Advise commercial, engineering and operational staff to ensure corporate governance requirements are not breached.
- Ensure contract deliverables and requirements are fully understood by all stakeholders including admin, operations, planning engineering, commercial.
- Assist with new business mandates, tenders, contract VOs, PQQs, and RFQs as required.
- Any other reasonable duties as required from time to time.
- A thorough knowledge of contract procedures and administration.
- Organisational ability with proven communication and motivation skills. Ability to meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Ability to express views and explain concepts to clients, suppliers and colleagues.
- Good and proven negotiation skills.
- A comprehensive understanding of contract reporting methodology, which determine the financial results for the division.
- Good commercial acumen with the ability to constantly improve systems, processes and reporting standards.
- The ability to explain commercial concepts to others, including non-commercial managers.
- Energy – ‘get up and go’ attitude of a leader
- Energise – lead, manage and inspire my team
- Edge – maximise my personal edge
- Execute – make things happen
- Engage – stay close to the client
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 24/11/2017