Rail Infrastructure is all about speed and quality - reconciling the demands of minimising 'possession' time with laying track to the highest standards of accuracy. Meticulous planning, strong site management and investment is how we have squared this circle and become the UK's largest renewals contractor. Colas Rail believes the investment made in training and development is vital to maintain competitive advantage.
We are committed to utilising training and development to ensure that every possible opportunity is available to our staff.
We offer structured training schemes for apprentices, technicians and graduates and employees are also encouraged to pursue, on their own initiative, continuing education and training, particularly when this leads to vocational and professional qualifications relevant to their work.
During the three year scheme you will attend block release training at the National College for High Speed Rail in Doncaster and learn the more advanced skills of your technical specialism.
You will support the Lead Engineer and Technical Officers in all technical matters associated with the planning and construction of the allocated multi-disciplinary sites; co-ordinate, with the guidance and support of the fully qualified Technical Officers, all aspects of construction and associated works with the other discipline; and deliver construction work safely to the level of quality expected by the company and the Client; to budget and in line with all relevant standards, processes and procedures.
- Ensure proposed construction plans are safe, cost effective, and achievable.
- Work towards and gain the necessary knowledge and experience to becoming a fully Qualified Technical Officer.
- Carry out analysis, prepare plans/programmes, detailed site/track/topographical surveys, review or check Particular Specification, designs or estimates, undertake detailed planning, site visits and progress work as directed.
- Will be expected to gain competences in all technical, skills, sentinel and behavioural duties.
- As you will expect, the organisation may change from time to time and you will be expected to meet the operational requirements.
Qualifications and experience required
- Maths and English literature level C and above.
- Be committed to complete a three year programme and work shifts that are key to operational delivery (weekends, nights and bank holidays).
- Have a positive approach to work and learning.
- Ambitious and driven.
Additional job details