Why Join Colas Rail?
There are many exciting opportunities that lie ahead in creating tomorrow’s railway. High-speed rail, light urban systems, high-output automated track maintenance and commercial rail freight are all areas that have become increasingly important to the UK transport industry.
You will support Lead Engineers, Supervisors and Team Leaders to deliver high value contracts for our customers and they will support you throughout your journey.
During the two/three year scheme you will attend block release training to learn the more advanced skills in Traction and Rolling Stock.
Within the first year of your apprenticeship you will be based in the Rugby depot. You will move into your division in your second and third years.
- Freight - Cardiff and Plymouth
- Plant – Rugby
- To support the Rail Services Engineering Teams
- To achieve Diploma Level 3 in Traction and Rolling Stock leading to Engineering Technician Qualification and membership of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers.
- Maths and English Language GCSE’s , level C and above or equivalent
- Committed to a two/three year programme
- Happy to work shifts (weekends, nights and bank holidays)
- Have a positive approach to work and learning
- Ambitious and driven
- Team player
- Good communication skills (written/verbal)
- A desire to continually develop and grow
Colas Rail is one of Europe’s leading suppliers of railway infrastructure services. We are award-winning specialists having designed, constructed and maintained all forms of railway systems across Europe and the UK. We operate an ever expanding portfolio of rail freight and on track machine services throughout the UK and France and have developed metro and tram schemes in over 50 cities around the world in Europe, Asia, Africa and America.
We specialise in:
- High speed lines
- Light /Metro lines
- Freight operator
- Track laying, renewal and maintenance
- Operation and maintenance of on track plant
- High voltage and traction power
- Electrification and signalling
- Rolling stock refurbishment and maintenance
- Multidisciplinary projects
- Design and surveying
- Control and communication systems
We work on some of the continent’s most high-profile projects, including the delivery of major enhancement and maintenance frameworks for Network Rail. Recent projects include some incredibly exciting projects, including our £400 million project to regenerate Waterloo, the busiest station in Europe, as well as delivering major schemes overseas for example in Morocco and Asia.
Developing leaders of the future
Developing people is key to our operational success at Colas Rail: 25% of our leaders are from our Graduate Schemes, and the Trainee & Apprentice programmes we run are equally as important to closing the skills gap facing the industry.
To find out more about us, please visit our website www.colasrail.co.uk, or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/06/2018