Why Join Colas Rail?
There are many exciting opportunities that lie ahead in creating tomorrow’s railway. High-speed rail, light urban systems, high-output automated track maintenance and commercial rail freight are all areas that have become increasingly important to the UK transport industry.
You will support Lead Engineers, Supervisors and Team Leaders to deliver high value contracts for our customers and they will support you throughout your journey.
During the two/three year scheme you will attend block release training to learn the more advanced skills in Traction and Rolling Stock.
Within the first year of your apprenticeship you will be based in the Rugby depot. You will move into your division in your second and third years.
- Freight - Cardiff and Plymouth
- Plant – Rugby
- To support the Rail Services Engineering Teams
- To achieve Diploma Level 3 in Traction and Rolling Stock leading to Engineering Technician Qualification and membership of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers.
- Maths and English Language GCSE’s , level C and above or equivalent
- Committed to a two/three year programme
- Happy to work shifts (weekends, nights and bank holidays)
- Have a positive approach to work and learning
- Ambitious and driven
- Team player
- Good communication skills (written/verbal)
- A desire to continually develop and grow
Additional job details