A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly organised graduate to join our vibrant events and marketing team. We are looking for a confident team player who is keen to get involved in planning, delivering and promoting our dynamic programme of training courses, conferences and high-profile national events.
Main purpose of the job
Working closely with the CDN Events Co-ordinator and Marketing Officer, assist in the delivery of high- quality events and marketing activity. The role will provide effective support for the delivery of a portfolio of events that include workshops, courses, major national conferences, and the College Awards. This will include support for the implementation of a range of marketing activities to promote CDN’s brand and activity, including updates to the website, social media posts and stakeholder communications. The post holder will work with internal colleagues, external stakeholders, customers and suppliers.
- Assist in the delivery of high-quality events
- Assist in the delivery of high-quality marketing activity
- Support the creation of events programmes and liaise with speakers where required
- Assist in the booking of suitable venues
- Update CDN’s events system as required
- Update CDN’s website as required
- Support all events management logistics
- Take responsibility for the layout of rooms for inhouse events
- Maintain accurate database/CRM information as required
- Prepare images and create graphics using relevant software as required
- Proofread web content, events literature and marketing publications
- Prepare and disseminate post-event surveys and evaluations as required
- Respond in a timely manner to all enquiries from internal and external customers
- Prepare online and print delegate packs, badges and registration sheets as required
- Support the management of project costs (e.g. raising purchase orders)
- Assist colleagues during busy periods and provide cover as required
- Provide a friendly welcome to customers and stakeholders to CDN and its events
- Provide excellent, solutions-focused customer experience
In addition to the duties and responsibilities noted above, the post holder will have other duties and responsibilities which will enable CDN to fulfil its purpose.
On occasion, business demands will require travel to external venues, out-of-hours work and overnight stays.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to work closely with colleagues, customers and stakeholders; and to show a willingness to take on new challenges. It is essential that you can demonstrate your organisational skills and your ability to manage your own workload and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Successfully co-ordinating and supporting events and conferences
- Positive team working
- Working accurately to tight deadlines, with a good deal of autonomy
- Communication with a diverse range of internal and external customers
- Using Office applications, events management software (training will be provided)
- Event management processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong planning, co-ordination and prioritising skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Self-confidence and personal drive
- Solutions focused and creative
- Passionate about quality standards in delivering services to customers to ensure an excellent customer experience
- Confident when working with autonomy and as part of a team
Minimum SCQF level 8 (HND or equivalent) relevant qualification or equivalent experience.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
How to apply
For an application pack, please email via the Apply button. Alternatively, please call 01786 272400.
Applications close at 17:00hrs on the closing date.
Interviews are expected to take place week beginning Monday 29 July 2019.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 21 July 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 21 July 2019