Computershare offers a fantastic opportunity for ambitious graduates with a passion for technology to join our new graduate programme in Edinburgh. This position will be based within our new Global Development Team, offering a great opportunity to be involved in shaping the way we work and fast-tracking your career in technology.
Two-year rotational programme
You will work in an Agile environment on a two-year programme, with rotations every six months. You will undertake rotations as a Software Developer, Test Analyst and Business Analyst, helping you gain a depth and breadth of experiences and the opportunity to explore the career path which is right for you. The path you choose will make up the last six-month rotation on the programme.
Working with diverse, cross-functional teams, this programme requires strong technical skills, a curious mind and a passion for team work.
You will work with a close-knit team who work collaboratively to reach goals. Computershare are driven by their employees’ success, so you will receive excellent training and mentoring when you are with us to help you reach your career aspirations.
- Guaranteed role at the end of the programme.
- Salary progression framework at the end of each rotation, alongside regular performance guidance.
- Guaranteed competitive salary based on performance at the end of the programme.
- Development programme supporting broader business skills such as leadership and management.
- Opportunity for a career path that matches your ambitions and ability
What will I learn in each rotation?
- Agile Software Development lifecycle, tools and techniques
- Application Development in a variety of technologies
- Software & Enterprise Architecture
- Design Patterns & Software Craftsmanship
- DevOps culture, principles and tooling
- Software support, problem determination and resolution
- Understand and describe the business domain
- Build successful relationships with business stakeholders and 3rd party vendors
- Manage change requests, understanding business value and back log prioritisation
- Develop experience in a range of analysis techniques
- Act as a proxy product owner
- Understand different Types of Testing and software Testing Methodologies
- Testing life cycle within Development Methodologies (waterfall, agile etc)
- Understand Test Design Techniques
- Create and Execute new Test Scripts
- Test Automation (Understand/Practice)
- Defect management and life cycle
- Test metrics and reports
- Guaranteed competitive salary on successful completion of the two-year programme
- Structured salary progression
- Realistic progression opportunities
- Technical training and development
- Award winning employee share plan
- Company pension
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Fantastic working culture
- New cutting edge technology centre of excellence offices in Central Edinburgh
What we are looking for
- Excellent team player – committed to being part of a team which values diversity and takes real pride in its work.
- A passion for technology and a desire to learn.
- Good communicator who adapts style to audience.
- Determined and resilient – when faced with a challenge you keep going to find a solution.
- Attention to detail – nothing gets past you.
- Curiosity – challenging the status quo and continuously drive improvement
All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Computershare pre-employment screening process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance on background checks including identification, passport validation, finance, qualification, employment / personal referencing and criminal record basic disclosure checks.
Minimum degree of 2:1 in physics/computer sciences/maths/numerical/engineering/IT.
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences and IT
- electronic and electrical engineering
How to apply
Selection Process (2019)
- January to February – Applications open, submit your CV, cover letter and complete initial questions. (stage one) 30 minutes approx.
- February to March – Online assessment including video interview and ability tests (numerical, verbal and logical) 1 hour 30 minutes approx.
- March to April – Assessment centre, face-to-face meeting (technical, interview and group exercise) (stage three) three hours approx.
- April to May – Final offers.
- May to August – Meet and greet sessions with your new colleagues.
- September – First day in your new role.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 04/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details