- Excellent graduate opportunity. Context Software Development team is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual in the role of Junior SQL Developer.
- Responsibilities include working closely with a team of developers on a series of database projects, to manage SQL (Postgresql) databases and develop SQL applications.
Main tasks and accountabilities
- Data Insight – SQL extraction and manipulation
- Recoverability - Creating and testing backup Scripts
- Integrity – Verify data integrity
- Security - Defining and/or implementing access controls to the data
- Availability - Ensuring maximum uptime
- Performance - Ensuring maximum performance
- Development and testing support - Assists other developers, utilises and improves database efficiencies
CONTEXT tracks the business and consumer technology markets. Trusted by the world's leading technology companies and their customers to deliver actionable, fact-based business intelligence, CONTEXT data collection and management capabilities are unrivalled in their depth and scope.
- Basic/Intermediate Unix/Linux skills
- Basic/Intermediate SQL skills (experience with PostgreSQL / Greenplum is a plus)
- Knowledge of PL/pgSQL desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of php or Java desirable but not essential
- Good problem solving skills with attention to details
- “Think outside the box” and “Can do” attitude
- Computer science degree or related
- Good written and communication skills
- Enjoy working in a team
- Willingness to learn and progress
Remarks: This position is suitable for someone who is new to the field but is willing to work hard and learn fast.
Only applicants entitled to work full-time and permanently in the UK will be considered.
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/12/2016