We have an excellent opportunity for you to join our 2021 European graduate Intake. Our Commercial Development Programme, aimed at candidates looking to move into a commercially focussed role at the end of the scheme, is a rotational scheme made up of three, nine month placements. These may be based in the UK or at one of our European site locations. This programme is designed to give you exposure to our commercial business by working in a number of departments which may include sales, maarketing and business functions such as purchasing and supply chain.
During the programme, you will receive on-the-job training and attend a five module residential training programme which focuses on developing your personal and business skills. This, together with a supportive mentoring scheme, buddy system and regular progress reviews with your manager, will ensure you have the opportunity to develop your knowledge, skills and experience which will help you on your way to achieving your career aspirations.
Croda offer a competitive graduate benefits package. This incorporates a starting salary of approximately £25,000, a defined benefit pension scheme, 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays, access to share incentive plans plus a £3,000 relocation package to support relocating for placements.
What we are looking for
As a business, it’s really important to us that we find the best person for the job and that you have the best opportunity to succeed in the role. To help, we have outlined our expectations for the role and what core skills and experiences we require as well as what would make you an ideal fit. In turn, we hope this helps you evaluate if this is the right job for you.
- You will be an effective communicator and team player, capable of building effective working relationships
- Good planning and organisation skills, you must be capable of prioritising your own workload and adapting to the changing needs of the business and placement requirements
- You will be a proactive problem solver and an innovative thinker; able to address issues, contribute new ideas, solutions and ways of working to the team
- You must demonstrate a good level of self-awareness; capable of identifying your strengths and areas for further development, as well as seeing the value in giving and receiving feedback for yourself and others
- You must have good English language skills; both written and verbal
- As this is a rotational scheme, you must be willing to relocate for your placements both in the UK or Europe
- European language skills; in particular French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and German
- Previous work experience, chemical industry experience is advantageous
You will have, or are expected to achieve a 2:1 degree (upper second class or equivalent level outside of the UK) or above in a relevant science discipline (chemistry, biochemistry, natural sciences etc). If already achieved, this must be within the last five years.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide · Europe
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete an additional application form plus online aptitude testing in the first instance and then if successful, they will be invited to an assessment event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2020