We have an excellent opportunity for you to join our 2018 European Graduate Intake. Our Technical Development Programme, aimed at candidates with a chemistry, biochemistry or life sciences degree, is a rotational scheme made up of three, nine month placements. These may be based in the UK or at one of our European site locations.
This programme is designed for scientists who want to gain exposure to the wider technical business. Primarily working in a laboratory environment, you will work with different technical teams across a variety of market sectors or functions within the business such as Quality. During the programme, you will receive on-the-job training and attend a five module residential training programme which focuses on developing your personal and business skills.
This, together with a supportive mentoring scheme, buddy system and regular progress reviews with your manager, will ensure you have the opportunity to develop your knowledge, skills and experience which will help you on your way to achieving your career aspirations.
Croda is a global speciality chemical company inspired by nature and is behind some of the world’s biggest brands providing practical, environmentally minded solutions to the problems of everyday life. In 34 countries, our 4,000 employees work to improve a diverse range of markets - from personal and health care, to home care and plastics. We produce the most innovative range of renewable, naturally derived ingredients in the world. You probably don’t know it, but you are already benefiting from our work as our pioneering products are vital to many leading brands. We are committed to minimising our impact on the environment, developing our people and supporting local communities. We are passionate and excited about how we can develop and utilise new technologies to shape and inspire changes within the dynamic market sectors with work in.
As a business, it’s really important to us that we find the best people to join our graduate scheme and that you have the best opportunity to succeed on the programme. To help, we have outlined our expectations for the programme and what core skills and experiences we require as well as what would make you an ideal fit. In turn, we hope this helps you evaluate if this is the right graduate scheme for you.
- You will be an effective communicator and team player, capable of building effective working relationships
- Good planning and organisation skills, you must be capable of prioritising your own workload and adapting to the changing needs of the business and placement requirements
- You will be a proactive problem solver and an innovative thinker; able to address issues, contribute new ideas, solutions and ways of working to the team
- You must demonstrate a good level of self-awareness; capable of identifying your strengths and areas for further development, as well as seeing the value in giving and receiving feedback for yourself and others
- You must have good English language skills; both written and verbal
- As this is a rotational scheme, you must be willing to relocate for your placements both in the UK or Europe
- European language skills; in particular French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and German
- Previous work experience, chemical industry experience is advantageous
Qualifications and experience requirements
You will have a 2:1 degree or above within a chemistry, biochemistry or life sciences discipline achieved within the last five years.
Accepted degree subjects
biology and life sciences · chemistry
Croda offer a competitive graduate benefits package. A defined benefit pension scheme, 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays, access to share incentive plans plus a £3,000 relocation package per placement
UK wide, Europe · Ireland
How to apply
Please email if you require any help with the online system. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete aptitude testing in the first instance and then if successful, they will be invited to an assessment event during week commencing 29 January 2018.
Closing date: 10/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 10/12/2017