The audit trainee role is to provide an accurate analysis of the client’s financial records and systems and test these records in accordance with applicable auditing and accounting standards. These standards form an integral part of your training and studies.
On our ICAEW three year programme, you’ll get paid study leave to work towards recognised industry qualifications. Along the way, training and support including coaching and mentoring will be provided.
Working a 35 hour week on client assignments under the supervision of experienced staff. Day to day work will include:
- Preparation of financial statements in UK GAAP and IFRS from clients’ Management Information
- Carry out audit work of private companies, AIM listed companies and charities
- Support on specialist financial reporting work
- Transaction support and corporate finance work as required
In your position you will be expected to learn about how businesses operate and develop skills on a daily basis through work at clients/in-office and through your studies. In practice this will mean:
- Attend meetings with clients and developing/ maintaining good client relations
- Spend time on the client premises understanding their business
- Use this understanding to design appropriate testing and preparing audit working papers
- Analyse and cross-check financial details – purchases and sales invoices, payroll records, bank reconciliations and bank statements
- Utilise audit software
- Attend in-house technical training as required;
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by the firm
Your position will also involve:
- Day release for ACA studies with training course provider
- Completion of apprenticeship programme with an authorised provider
During your first year, you will support an Audit Senior at client premises. The senior will assign you work throughout the time you are onsite and will be with you in case you have any questions. You will gain exposure to a number of different industries and organisations, from owner managed businesses to large groups and AIM listed companies.
As you progress on to second year you will start to take on full audits where you operate as the senior. We are keen to provide people with responsibility and opportunities whilst also giving them support whilst they develop.
In your third year you will be expected to progress to an Audit Senior role undertaking withdrawn supervision of your own audit fieldwork and in turn supervising the work of trainees.
What we offer
A lot of firms offer training contracts that expire as soon as you qualify. We’re in this for the long-term and will offer a permanent position with all the required training provided alongside.
Our office is in a central London location which provides for an exciting and vibrant atmosphere in our sociable office.
- Competitive salary
- A range of benefits including private medical and pensions
- Full training package for your professional qualifications and day release for courses
- 20 days annual leave rising to 25 when qualified (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working practices (some home working, flexible working hours)
- Referral bonus scheme for bringing in work
Start date: September 2022
What we are looking for
We’re looking for an enthusiastic graduate who wants to learn, has a keen eye for detail and is good at time management. You will become a face of our firm so we need someone who is a good communicator to be able to liaise with clients effectively.
- Any degree subject considered, set to be classified a 2:2 or above
- Three A levels equivalent to 120 UCAS points
- Grade 5 or above in maths and English at GCSE
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Start date: September 2021
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 26 May 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment