DAI is looking for a French-speaking Associate Project Manager, to work as part of their busy Resilience, Energy, Environment and Land (REEL) Team - part of DAI Europe’s Delivery Unit. The position will be based within DAI Europe; located in spacious, bespoke offices in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, adjacent to fast rail links to London and southeast England.
Responding to the needs of our growing business, we are seeking a proactive graduate or candidate with equivalent experience to join our Resilience, Energy, Environment and Land (REEL) Team. The role will involve working closely with colleagues to deliver high quality programme management to both external clients and colleagues within DAI. You will be part of a team managing a portfolio of Resilience, Energy, Environment and Land programmes across multiple donors and geographies. You will also work closely with the rest of the team on building knowledge and networks and developing new business opportunities and innovative technical solutions across these rapidly evolving sectors.
What we are looking for
- Demonstrable understanding of or interest in two or more of our key technical areas (resilience, energy, environment, climate change, land), preferably in an international development context or working in an international/multi-cultural environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and French (both written and verbally)
- Strong organisational skills
- Proactive, accountable and action-oriented with strong intellectual agility and ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally
- Able to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment whilst maintaining effectiveness
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Numerate with a high level of attention to detail
- Advanced level of MS Office
- Ability to travel internationally if required
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
- Demonstrable ability to write technical text
- Ability to research, analyse and synthesise technical information
Experience supporting consulting services or international development projects, especially with DFID or other UK government departments, or experience of working overseas, ideally in a development environment would be an advantage.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Interviews will be held progressively.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, please go to the Apply button.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 04/05/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 04/05/2019
Additional job details
|Location||Apsley · Hertfordshire|
Salary will be commensurate with relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period)