DAI is looking for an experienced Project Manager, to work as part of their busy, vibrant head office team – helping to manage ongoing international consultancy projects around the world. The position will be based at DAI Global Health’s UK headquarters in central London.
Responding to the needs of our growing business, we are seeking a dynamic candidate, keen to learn and to join our busy delivery team. You will play a vital role within a highly qualified team delivering head office-based project management for DAI Global’s ongoing long-term overseas projects. The Project Manager role will involve backstopping one or more of DAI Global Health’s assigned projects. This position will support the field-based team(s) and Project Director(s) in meeting programmatic, management, and financial targets for DAI Global Health by providing high quality project management for new and existing programmes in line with contract and client requirements.
Initially the Project Manager will be assigned to DAI Global Health’s DFID-funded Nigeria Women for Health project.
What we are looking for
We are looking for strong administrative and good team-working skills along with an ability to meet tight deadlines, manage multiple priorities, and excellent verbal and written English.
For the role the successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable understanding of and interest in Global Health and working in an international/multi-cultural environment
- Experience of field-based project management
- Financial management skills
- Experience of working with DFID or other donors
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrable ability to write technical text
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally
- Good numeracy skills with high level of attention to detail
- A proven ability to multi-task under pressure
A project management qualification, business development experience and an additional European language would be additional advantages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
As a minimum, an undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in international development or relevant subject; with, preferably, a master’s qualification focusing on areas of global health
Accepted degree subjects
- health sciences
- social sciences
- biology and life sciences
- business and management studies
- environmental science and ecology
- law and legal studies
How to apply
Interviews will be held progressively.
If you believe you have the above skills and experience, and you have the right to work within the EEA, apply via the Apply button.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 26/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 26/11/2018
Additional job details
|Additional location information||This is a full-time position based in London with periodic travel to Nigeria, and potentially elsewhere as required|
Salary offered commensurate with relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period)