DAI is looking for two Project Managers, to work as part of their busy Delivery Unit within the Economic Growth and Governance teams. The positions will be based within DAI Europe; located in spacious, bespoke offices in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, adjacent to fast rail links to London and southeast England.
Responding to the needs of our growing business, we are seeking dynamic candidates, keen to learn and to join our busy Economic Growth or Governance teams. You will play a vital role within a highly qualified team delivering technical expertise and head office-based project management for DAI Europe’s ongoing long-term overseas projects.
A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period).
What we are looking for
We would particularly like to hear from you if your interest and focus is in one or more of the following:
- Inclusive economic growth: value chain and market systems development; finance and investment; business environment reform; trade; innovation and entrepreneurship; women’s economic empowerment.
- Governance: public administration or civil service reform; voice and accountability; law and justice; public finance management; legislative strengthening; conflict prevention, post-conflict development, preventing violent extremism.
We are also looking for a strong administrative and good team-working skills along with an ability to meet tight deadlines, manage multiple priorities, and excellent verbal and written English.
For the role the successful candidate will have:
- as a minimum, an undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in international development or relevant subject; with, preferably, a Master’s qualification focussing on areas of economic development or governance;
- experience of working overseas, ideally in a development environment, and preferably in a project management role;
- experience of working with DFID or other donors;
- excellent communication skills with a demonstrable ability to write technical text;
- strong organisational skills;
- excellent interpersonal skills – able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally;
- good numeracy skills with high level of attention to detail;
- a proven ability to multi-task under pressure
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
A project management qualification, business development experience and an additional European language would be additional advantages.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
If you believe you have the above skills and experience, and you have the right to work within the EEA, click Apply button.
Interviews will be held progressively.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 23/07/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30/07/2018
Additional job details
salary offered commensurate with relevant experience