To sustain our increasing workload, we would like to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated graduate Structural Engineer for our Caernarfon Office in North Wales to contribute to the delivery of our business plan growth targets. This is a great opportunity for a graduate Structural Engineer with experience of working in an engineering consultancy environment to grow and develop their career.
As an experienced Structural Engineer you will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification, whilst maintaining control and drive of your own career. Early responsibility is a given and you will have the opportunity to work on a varied range of projects to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. This is a hands-on role, seeing a project through from start to finish.
Key duties will include:
- Development of engineering design and details in accordance with project brief;
- Preparation of calculations, written reports and specifications;
- Management of production of technical documents by other team members;
- Checking of design calculations and drawings done by other engineers and technicians;
- Visits to site to carry out investigations and to monitor construction;
- Communicating directly with clients, develop client briefs & attend project meetings;
- Delivering concise technical reports in line with customers' expectations.
In return, we offer the following
- A competitive salary
- Holidays – 22 days, plus bank holidays
- An interesting and varied workload
- A supportive and friendly team
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Support towards attaining chartership (professional membership fees will be paid by the company) and career development opportunities.
Datrys is a friendly, forward-thinking and progressive company with offices in Caernarfon and Mold. We have structured CPD paths in place and offer excellent ‘hands-on’ ongoing training and mentoring with significant opportunities for early responsibility and career development.
- Well established, growing, independent business
- Expertise in the fields of civil, structural and geotechnical engineering consultancy services
- Perfect sized company for an engineer to progress quickly
- Variety of projects to work on
We encourage our staff to demonstrate a passion for design, drive and motivation, an interest and a willingness to learn, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. You’ll be a good team player with good interpersonal skills who is keen to make a positive contribution to the work environment. As a key member of the design team, you’ll be motivated to and capable of leading/supporting other team members.
- Be familiar with Eurocodes
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Have clear and professional communication skills
- Understand the needs of your clients
- Possess strong numerical skills
- Pay close attention to detail
- The ability to use AutoCAD and Revit Structures would be an advantage
- Be planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Enthusiasm for a career in the built environment
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Be flexible to the needs of the business, and clients’ changing requirements
- Be dedicated to the delivery of projects, and the development of the team and business as a whole
- Commitment to working collaboratively and to contributing actively as a design team member
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Will have, at least, two years’ experience of working in a UK engineering consultancy
- Must have experience of designing building structures in steel, masonry, timber and concrete
- Will have up to date knowledge of current UK Codes of Practice, Design Standards, Building Regulations, and Health and Safety and be familiar with Euro Codes
- You must be currently be eligible to work in the UK and have a full UK driving licence
Accepted degree subjects
Salary depending on experience, including pension contribution.
North West Wales
Mold or Caernarfon
Contract and working hours
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV together with a covering letter telling us about your background, why you are interested in the role and what you will bring to Datrys, by email and further information is available on our website. These details are available by clicking the apply button.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 10/12/2016