As a new teammate in Decathlon, you will join a global network of like minded, active, sport enthusiasts. Your purpose as a Department Manager is simple; to make sport accessible to the people of Greater Manchester.
From day-one, we’ll give you access to all of the tools and training that you’ll need to feel 100% confident in your role, all you have to do is seize the opportunities when they arise. Once you’ve cracked the basics, you’ll learn everything from; planning and carrying out individual development meetings with your team, through to forecasting and managing your commercial activity for your department. You’ll be running a well oiled business from the ground up in no time.
At Decathlon, sport is part of our DNA, from designing amazing affordable products, to playing sport during our meetings. We love to celebrate victories as a team, and inject energy into everything that we do. So, if you want to combine your love for sport with building a successful business within the Manchester area, we’ll make the perfect team.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Team - At Decathlon our teammates come first, as a Department Manager you’ll invest your time and resources into the recruitment and development of your team and in doing so will foster their growth and progression in the company
- Customer service – Your customers will always be at the forefront of your actions, together with your team you’ll listen to their feedback in order to make improvements to the service and products that you provide. At Decathlon we believe that our customers should feel satisfied or satisfied
- Partnerships - Once your business is thriving, you’ll then have the freedom to reach out into your community and work with your local sport clubs, schools and businesses to develop sustainable partnerships. Here is where you will apply your networking skills in order to strengthen your brand and to make sport accessible within your local community
- Brand - You will work closely with our in house brands to choose the best products for your local customers. You’ll choose all of the product ranges within your sport and adapt your business to the local market. You’ll also organise events in your local area to increase brand awareness and customer participation in sport
- Project - Together with your team, you’ll build a long term collaborative project surrounding the commercial policy of your sports. You’ll identify and maximise the key sports in your department and will ensure that this aligns with your customers’ needs. You will live and grow the project with your team in order to deliver our common purpose
- Commerce - Once you have mastered the basics, you will spend time analysing your economic performances in order to make informed decisions about your business both instore and online. You have full freedom to unleash your creativity and flare, don’t worry, we encourage our team to ‘go for it’, then we learn from our mistakes afterwards
- Duty management - When you’re a fully fledged manager, you will then learn how to lead duty management procedures in store. You’ll learn how to manage customer and staff safety, store commerciality, building maintenance and customer satisfaction day-to-day
What we are looking for
- A self starter with a huge passion for sport
- Open minded with an innate sense of service to help others
- A team player who thrives in fast paced and changing environments
- A natural leader who can nurture others to help them develop
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Greater Manchester
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 4 June 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment