What do you do, day-to-day?
- Duties cover elements such as creative, technical, admin, and budgetary.
- Helps set up and attends regular internal and external creative and content meetings - proactively contributes to such meetings and as appropriate records and minutes these meetings.
- Documents and records meetings and compiles timely, accurate, succinct draft contact reports for onward external distribution within 24 hrs of any meeting
- Liaise and negotiate on behalf of DB better rates and services with suppliers, venues and other service providers
- Input accurate project costing data into Procim to provide valid costing’s for the producer/project director. Familiar with Procim and its various reports.
- Input own accurate time sheet data into Procim. Instigate regular team project reports on project timesheet analysis
- Logistics support includes – research and investigate venue both in UK/internationally, set up and undertake comprehensive site inspections, (often accompanying clients), negotiate with venues and other suppliers to ensure the best rates are offered to clients and attend venue and logistics supplier meetings
- Manage specific areas of the project as directed by the producer/project director.
- Organise and set-up onsite production offices that must be well designed and tidy with good IT infrastructure.
- Research for projects and pitches to then interpret that research often into draft PPT presentations
- Complete insurance documents and event safety files
- Deputise for producer and other project members on occasion
- Responsible for managing cash whilst on site and reporting to producer all invoices
- Post production responsibilities including goods and materials returning from event and archiving
We are a small, boutique, growing live communications and events agency who can nurture and develop your natural talent and ability. We work in lovely new offices in Godalming, Surrey and are looking for our next star who has potential to grow and develop within our existing team.
We are different.
Our belief is that lasting change only occurs when it reaches and affects the attitudes and behaviours of the people a business wishes to influence, be they internal teams, consumers or key stakeholders.
For too long, businesses have treated their communications and events as brilliant moments that then fade and are forgotten, resulting in valuable time, money and resources that are wasted.
We all know how compelling positive live experiences can be, but the clever use of digital integration establishes a more complete and engaging communications journey. These digital touch points generate a drumbeat of planned disruptions and in doing so raises the engagement levels across a much longer time frame.
Deeper Blue designs, integrates and connects live experiences and digital solutions to stimulate, provoke and empower audiences for the long-term, while consistently evaluating the impact of our work. We call this process ‘Sustained Engagement’, and it’s at the heart of everything we do.
- You are highly organised with good administration skills and flawless attention to detail
- You are willing to seize responsibility
- You are good with people at all levels
- You are unfazed by tight deadlines and conflicting priorities and remain calm and collected under pressure
- You either are - or have the potential to be - a confident communicator and presenter
- You are a quick learner, willing to grow and develop
- You are interested in both content, technical and logistical aspects of DB operations
- You have an excellent working knowledge of MS office
- You keep up-to-date with event/creative/media industry advances
You will be bright, personable, enthusiastic and driven with a great can-do attitude. You will have a confident approach and positive outlook and a strong and clear communicator.
Qualifications and experience requirements
You will be studying, or recently qualified, in one of the following courses and have an interest in the communications industry: business, consulting management; creative, arts and design; information, research and analysis; marketing, advertising and PR; media and internet.
Accepted degree subjects
literature and creative writing · art and design · tourism, hospitality and event management · marketing and advertising studies · business and management studies · media studies and publishing
Godalming · Surrey
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: One
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 29/12/2016