The Deloitte graduate programme is a first step on a professional career with a highly respected firm. It’s a world-class training scheme, as well as a permanent job that’ll earn you a market-leading salary and benefits.
From the moment you join, you’ll be treated as a business advisor, valued for the unique contribution you make and the fresh ideas you bring. You’ll work directly with clients on projects that have a very real and meaningful impact on their success. As well as gaining a recognised professional qualification, you’ll develop the kind of rounded business skills that will serve you well regardless of where your future takes you. And you’ll get all the support you need to become the leader you know you can be.
Today, business is technology. Which is why our tech experts work across every area of ours. We have a dedicated team in each of our service areas, who focus purely on innovating for better business. Think leading edge. Whether it’s the technical aspects, the business and design or the commercial opportunities of technology that excite you, your expertise is in demand.
From our strategists to our developers to our digital transformation experts, we’re here to solve our clients’ most critical technology challenges. To advise, protect, create, investigate, transform and deliver. In other words: we help make business possible.
Your professional experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality audit.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
- Aiding innovation through research and application of solutions for clients
- Supporting resolution of business problems, or helping clients to grow their business by using technology
- Supporting reviews of current client projects and identifying issues and areas of opportunity
- Gathering requirements for technical specifications or design
- Learning and applying core project management skills to work for our clients
- Working closely with colleagues and clients to identify improvements or risks for the project
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Digital fluency: ability to embrace, evaluate and pioneer digital concepts and languages
- Design thinking: ability to integrate customer needs, technical possibilities and business requirements to solve complex problems
- Technical domain expertise: ability to learn expertise in a technical domain to enable client’s strategic agenda
- Analyses the external environment: ability to analyse trends and technologies and apply insights to assess the impact and value on the business
- Delivery excellence: ability to team with others to produce a high quality work product to ensure a superior client experience
- Analytical thinking and problem solving: ability to collect, assimilate and analyse relevant data and use standard processes and tools to help surface and support solutions
- Financial acumen: ability to apply basic financial concepts to client and Deloitte business models
- Executive presence: ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude and adapt to changing priorities to instil confidence in team
- Logical structuring: ability to use and apply frameworks to organize concepts, identify gaps, and communicate ideas clearly
- Global mind-set: ability to value and consider the diverse perspectives and backgrounds of colleagues and clients
- Business-technology acumen: ability to apply technology fundamentals to client situations
- Access the organization: ability to find and leverage a diverse set of resources and share findings with others
Being a leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Our purpose and strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include audit and risk advisory, tax consulting, consulting and financial advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting and problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
#TellDeloitte and WIN a £5,000 ImagiNation Award
What’s your ultimate goal? What inspires you? How do you think, learn, solve, create? What makes you, you? Want to find out more? #TellDeloitte for a chance to win an iPad and a £5,000 award. Turn your imagination into action here.
Accepted degree subjects
Belfast · London
How to apply
Closing date: 31/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2018