The Deloitte graduate programme is a first step on a professional career with a highly respected firm. It’s a world-class training scheme, as well as a permanent job that’ll earn you a market-leading salary and benefits.
From the moment you join, you’ll be treated as a business advisor, valued for the unique contribution you make and the fresh ideas you bring. You’ll work directly with clients on projects that have a very real and meaningful impact on their success. As well as gaining a recognised professional qualification, you’ll develop the kind of rounded business skills that will serve you well regardless of where your future takes you. And you’ll get all the support you need to become the leader you know you can be.
As an economic consultant, you’ll apply microeconomic and macroeconomic theory alongside econometric and financial expertise to provide solutions for business, consumer and regulatory issues facing our clients. Companies, regulators and governments look to us to help them understand economic issues impacting their business and policies, and your economic analysis, modelling and research will ensure you are seen as a trusted advisor in helping them make crucial decisions
Economic Consulting work is intellectually challenging and varied, appealing to the brightest and most capable economists. Our team sits within our Financial Advisory business and brings together commercially-minded economists, econometricians and financial analysts to apply their combined skills to clients' business issues.
We deliver real value through areas such as regulatory or competition economics, cost analysis, price optimisation and value profitability analysis. Our technical skills are combined with Deloitte's deep financial, strategic and industry understanding to create a unique package that can be applied across industries.
The economic consulting team works for many of the world’s largest companies, including members of the S&P500 and FTSE100. You will get the chance to actively contribute to projects from day one, with early senior exposure and active participation in methodology development and client presentations.
Your professional experience
- Gain experience in a range of technical areas including economic analysis, market analysis, business modelling, strategy, policy appraisal, economic modelling, valuation and financial analysis.
- Work in a challenging environment with like-minded people at the leading edge of economic thinking, using your curiosity, economic expertise, and critical thinking to analyse high profile and complex problems facing businesses, regulators and governments.
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion and build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Develop report writing, team working, project management skills and the commercial application of economic theory.
- Continue with your professional development throughout your career through a training investment.
- Work on potential secondments within the firm and with client organisations.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Commercial understanding of economics: applies knowledge of economic theory and tools to real-life issues
- Analytical thinking and problem solving: collects, assimilates, and analyses relevant data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface insights and solutions
- Delivery excellence: manages own work against project plan to ensure a superior client experience
- Manages quality and risk: complies with quality standards, risk rules, and confidentiality guidelines to deliver results
- Modelling: adopts a disciplined approach to building economic, econometric and financial models
- Communication skills: explains economic thinking in non-technical terms to clients without an economics background
Being a leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Our purpose and strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include audit and risk advisory, tax consulting, consulting and financial advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting and problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
#TellDeloitte and WIN a £5,000 ImagiNation Award
What’s your ultimate goal? What inspires you? How do you think, learn, solve, create? What makes you, you? Want to find out more? #TellDeloitte for a chance to win an iPad and a £5,000 award. Turn your imagination into action here.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 31/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2018