The Deloitte graduate programme is a first step on a professional career with a highly respected firm. It’s a world-class training scheme, as well as a permanent job that’ll earn you a market-leading salary and benefits.
From the moment you join, you’ll be treated as a business advisor, valued for the unique contribution you make and the fresh ideas you bring. You’ll work directly with clients on projects that have a very real and meaningful impact on their success. As well as gaining a recognised professional qualification, you’ll develop the kind of rounded business skills that will serve you well regardless of where your future takes you. And you’ll get all the support you need to become the leader you know you can be. This career path sits in the tax consulting area of the business.
It’s not just stocks and shares, property portfolios and investments; it’s people that are a company’s greatest asset. It’s our role to help clients maximise the potential of their people. We advise on everything from talent pipelines to organisational restructuring. We guide clients through complex financial and political issues, from the tax implications of immigration on their organisation to advising on group pension policies, actuarial and executive rewards structures.
Moving together. Making tomorrow: as companies grow and become more global in scope, employment issues become more complex. Among the most serious challenges businesses face today is compliance with multifaceted tax laws and labour regulations. Deloitte offers well-rounded plans and program development strategies that can help transform global employment programs in a cost-efficient manner.
- GES mobility: Our mobility teams support employers of all sizes to effectively deploy people on a global basis - this support comes in many forms and includes the delivery of all aspects of employee and employer compliance services in both home and host country locations, advisory support such as mobility and tax policy development, implementation and transformation, international social security consulting and immigration services.
- GES reward: Our reward teams support employers of all sizes to effectively remunerate and incentivise their people - again this support takes many forms and includes teams dedicated to advising on remuneration strategy, the design and implementation of share schemes, pensions, benefits (such as company cars) etc.
Both parts of the GES practice are market leaders using technology, such as business analytics, and innovation to deliver insight and value to clients
Your professional experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality audit.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- International mobility and international human resources including International assignment services
- Compensation and benefits
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Delivery excellence: recognizes the key capabilities required to deliver a high quality service experience to the client
- Analytical thinking and problem solving: collects, assimilates, and analyses data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface and support solutions in the tax and legal business
- Global mobility: develops knowledge of service areas and global mobility service delivery model variations across clients and ensures compliance by understanding individual income tax rules
- Reward skills: prepares flowcharts, as-is summary reports, and equity incentive plans related to country-specific, cross border and global rewards
- Global employer services technology: solicits and coordinates client input to determine direction and functionality of (Global Advantage) GA applications - Applies technology knowledge to address client business challenges
- Tax laws and rules: develops knowledge of current tax legislation across the global tax and legal function
- Tax advisory and consulting: researches and prepares draft client reports under the guidance of senior staff
Being a leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Our purpose and strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include audit and risk advisory, tax consulting, consulting and financial advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting and problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Accepted degree subjects
Aberdeen · Belfast · Birmingham · Bristol · Cambridge · Cardiff · Crawley · Edinburgh · Glasgow · Guernsey · Isle of Man · Jersey · Leeds · Liverpool · London · Manchester · Newcastle upon Tyne · Nottingham · Reading · Southampton · St Albans
How to apply
Closing date: 31/10/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/10/2017