An internship at Deloitte is a fantastic way to get up close to the world of business, find out what excites and inspires you, and where it could take you.
As an IP, you’ll immerse yourself in your client’s business and establish meaningful relationships from day one. Using state of the art forensic technology, you’ll work alongside specialists drawn from a wide range of professional and technical backgrounds, to play a vital role in analysing a wide variety of commercially sensitive investigations, disputes and litigations. This means, you’ll not only get vital business experience, but a head start if you choose to join our graduate programme later. You could even go back to university with a job offer guaranteed.
The forensic technology career path sits in the financial advisory area of the business.
Using state of the art forensic technology, you’ll work alongside specialists drawn from a wide range of professional and technical backgrounds, to play a vital role in analysing a wide variety of commercially sensitive investigations, disputes and litigation. We promise no two days will be the same. As a bright, talented graduate you can expect to work on challenging, client-facing projects from the outset. We offer two career paths:
Join our two year training program in London or St Albans and develop your analytical skills in forensic analytics and electronic disclosure. With the ever increasing volumes of data being generated by our clients, we are continually faced with new challenges in the identification, capture and analysis of data from financial systems, databases, email & voice communications, social media and cyber crime. As your career develops, you will have the opportunity to specialise in those areas of particular interest.
- Forensic analytics: Use specialist software to extract, transform and process data; Work with multiple data formats, industry standard software and bespoke data repositories to process high volume data records; Use analytical and visualisation techniques to interrogate and assess data in support of investigations; Analyse data in relation to financial crime; Develop tools to assist our clients to meet their regulatory requirements.
- Electronic discovery: Work with lawyers and investigators to identify data sources relevant to the investigation; Visit client offices to forensically collect data from servers, laptops or mobile device, working covertly if needed; Apply sophisticated analytical techniques to assist legal teams in identifying and reviewing documents to support or refute allegations; Produce bundles of documents to support witness interviews, hand over to a regulator for inspection or disclose to the other side in a litigation.
Join our cutting edge development team in St Albans and put your coding skills to good use, utilising advanced technology and the latest development methodology to help solve some of our client’s most challenging issues. Addressing big data issues or exploiting cloud computing technologies in the areas of Forensic Investigations, disputes and financial crime, the team put innovation right at the centre of everything they do, enabling you to be creative and continually challenged.
Your professional experience
- • Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
• Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
• Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
• Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
• Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving: collects, assimilates, and analyses relevant data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface insights and solutions
- Delivery excellence: manages own work against defined quality standards to ensure a superior client experience
- Manages quality and risk: complies with quality standards, risk rules, and confidentiality guidelines to deliver results
Being a leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Our purpose and strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include audit and risk advisory, tax consulting, consulting and financial advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting and problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 31/10/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/10/2017