Our BrightStart Higher Apprenticeship is an opportunity for curious, smart people like you to leap into the world of professional services. Earn-while-you-learn, gain a professional qualification and get stuck in, helping to solve some of our clients’ most complex problems right from the start.
Each of our four Audit & Assurance businesses offers fascinating engagements, inspirational colleagues, and every opportunity to explore, develop and grow. The difference is in the type of clients you’ll work with.
- Private markets: want to work with some of the UK’s most dynamic privately owned companies in a role that goes beyond auditing? Private Markets gives you the unique opportunity to work directly with company owners across all aspects of their business - supporting them on their journey to becoming a listed company.
- FTSE: you’ll work with some of the world’s most recognisable brands; those publicly listed on the London Stock Exchange. In FTSE timing is everything; these firms are leading the business agenda in the UK and your work will have the potential to impact their performance right across the investment community.
- International: you’ll work closely with colleagues and clients across the world, from US to Japan to Africa and beyond, on everything from audit to post merger assurance. This complex, intellectually challenging work, comes with opportunities to build senior level, global networks.
- Financial services: specialise in the insurance industry, working with a diverse range of clients from key players to the industry’s rising stars. With digital transformation top of the agenda, you’ll go beyond providing audit and assurance, to finding new ways for clients to improve how they work
- Public Sector Audit: Want to make meaningful, long-term impacts on public services? We’re the market leader in NHS Foundation Trusts, and work with some of the UK’s biggest universities and local governments too. You’ll build advisory expertise working closely with senior client staff, focused on solving their business-critical issues.
Your professional experience
You’ll get to work with and learn from some of the most talented and experienced professionals in the industry. And benefit from a unique training programme for new joiners. One that balances core skills along with the specific requirements of each of our Audit & Assurance businesses and gives you the flexibility to work, learn and develop in a way that suits you and fits with the business’ requirements.
As well as your professional qualification, you’ll join a programme designed to develop our future leaders and specialists. You’ll gain experience in a number of different areas of our business, and can potentially go on to work overseas or to experience life in one of our many specialist teams, such as Accounting Advisory or Analytics and Modelling. You’ll be encouraged to continue learning throughout your career
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
Our work underpins the accuracy of the information shareholders use to make key financial decisions. Working with influential multinationals, innovative start-ups and household names, in every sector, we really get to know our clients’ businesses, so we can help them improve how they work. Discover more.
You will need to have obtained or studying towards at least 260 UCAS points (pre 2018 A level results) or 104 UCAS points (2018 A level results) (or equivalent). You must have achieved at least a grade four (C) in English language and at least a grade six (B) in maths for your GCSEs (or equivalent).
Check our learning and development webpage for more information on professional qualifications.
Additional job details
- Isle of Man
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Vacancies may close ahead of the published dates, so we encourage all applicants to apply early.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 May 2019