Don’t want to go to university? You don’t have to anymore; the choice should be yours, and your future equally brilliant.
Our Apprentices are here to kick-start their careers, as well as gain on-the-job experience. You’ll work right alongside your more experienced colleagues and be treated with the same respect from day one. But you’ll also get extra time and support to help you gain your professional qualifications.
Your experience here will leave you with skills you’ll rely on throughout your entire career, wherever you decide to take them. As part of the BrightStart Higher Apprentice community we offer the chance to start a career with a firm of problem solvers - the best minds in the industry – with guidance from inspirational and supportive senior managers and every opportunity to grow and progress. From the start you will have a permanent job – our people are often described as the firm’s greatest asset.
This is intellectually challenging, varied and exciting work that appeals to the brightest and most capable people. Professionals in this area tend to specialise, to offer clients the most in -depth expertise.
- Forensic: As part of our forensic development team, you’ll deliver advanced software solutions, such as data analytics and visualisation techniques. Helping both internal and external clients solve disputes and financial crime. (You will find the Forensic Technology job in the Technology Job Family)
- Restructuring Services: In Restructuring we focus on companies in financial distress, whether underperforming or insolvent. You’ll step in to help and advise, and even run the company
- Transaction Services – Post Merger integration: This team provides both due diligence and post deal advisory services across a range of areas (i.e., Integrations, separations, operations, performance improvement, and technology) on transactions. Which means you’ll be helping clients who are planning to buy, sell or take-over businesses to assist with the execution of the deal. These are often large global deals with high profile clients
Your professional experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality service
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams
- Focus on data books, draft reports whilst providing additional project management, business development and pipelines opportunities
- Help create proposals and client presentations, research target companies
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving: collects, assimilates, and analyses relevant data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface insights and solutions
- Delivery Excellence: manages own work against project plan to ensure a superior client experience
- Manages Quality and Risk: complies with quality standards, risk rules, and confidentiality guidelines to deliver results
- Modelling: adopts a disciplined approach to building financial models
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Additional job details