Our Apprentices are here to shape their careers, as well as gain on-the-job experience. You’ll work right alongside your more experienced colleagues and be treated with the same respect from day one. You will also get extra time and support to help you gain your professional qualifications.
Your experience here will leave you with skills you’ll rely on throughout your entire career, wherever you decide to take them. As part of the BrightStart community we offer the chance to start a career with a firm of problem solvers - the best minds in the industry – with guidance from inspirational and supportive senior managers and every opportunity to grow and progress. From the start you will be hired as a permanent member of staff.
As part of the new Software Development group within Forensic Technology, our team of experts deliver advanced solutions (think Big Data and Cloud computing) to both internal and external clients working in the areas of forensic investigations, disputes and financial crime, where technology is the main influencer.
The Forensic Technology career path sits in the Financial Advisory area of the business.
Our software development team, based in St Albans, is a cutting edge practice utilising advanced technology and the latest development methodology to help solve some of our client’s most challenging issues. We put innovation right at the centre of everything we do, enabling our people to be continually challenged and always supported.
Our development team works primarily across two areas:
- Investigations: using advanced data analytics and visualisation techniques to empower investigators to understand large datasets quickly and derive as much information in as shorter period of time as possible
- Innovation: dedicated to building out larger product based offerings, using an agile SCRUM based approach to develop and release enterprise grade software products
Your professional experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality audit
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
- Leverage the power of Web Services to bring Cloud technology and Big Data solutions to our internal and external clients
- Develop web based managed services to put the power of what we do in our client’s hands
- Create solutions that empower our Forensic Investigations and Financial Crime colleagues to take innovation to market
- Work in an agile, SCRUM based team alongside some of the most talented and creative people in the industry
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving: collects, assimilates, and analyses relevant data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface insights and solutions
- Delivery Excellence: manages own work against project plan to ensure a superior client experience
- Discovery: leverages technology to perform data extraction, analysis and management in regulator-driven investigations, internal reviews or legal proceedings
- Disputes: gathers and prepares data required for loss of profits and other damages assessments
- Financial Crime and Investigations: performs an independent assessment of business environment and identify internal and external risks; Gathers and analyses data in relation to patterns on misconduct or fraud, using Deloitte’s data management capabilities
- Manages Quality and Risk: complies with quality standards, risk rules, and confidentiality guidelines to deliver results
- Modelling: adopts a disciplined approach to building financial models
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction