Don’t want to go to university? You don’t have to anymore; the choice should be yours, and your future equally brilliant.
Our apprentices are here to kick-start their careers, as well as gain on-the-job experience. You’ll work right alongside your more experienced colleagues and be treated with the same respect from day one. But you’ll also get extra time and support to help you gain your professional qualifications.
Your experience here will leave you with skills you’ll rely on throughout your entire career, wherever you decide to take them. As part of the BrightStart Higher Apprentice community we offer the chance to start a career with a firm of problem solvers - the best minds in the industry – with guidance from inspirational and supportive senior managers and every opportunity to grow and progress. From the start you will have a permanent job – our people are often described as the firm’s greatest asset.
The commercial world is constantly changing. Our clients face new regulations, shifting legislation and fluctuating economic and financial risk. Every day. It’s our role not only to help them mitigate and manage this, but to succeed despite it too, making informed and intelligent decisions based on our analyses to maximise commercial opportunities.
You’ll be working alongside the market leaders in risk advisory and consulting, not just following legislation and the market, but delivering effective solutions that are easy to understand and even easier to action.
- Public Sector: You’ll help deliver large-scale, complex transformation programmes, designed to future proof public services. It’s vital work, with a broad remit, that involves senior-level collaboration, innovative delivery models and digital transformation, as well as leadership and talent development.
- Risk Analytics: Storing and using data presents complex, challenging issues for our clients. When you’re part of the largest Risk Analytics practice in the UK, it’s all in a day’s work.
- Strategic Regulatory and Operational Risk: You can expect a varied and vital career in this team, working with all kinds of high-profile clients. You might be helping a business become more sustainable or better equipped with technology, giving advice on a specific compliance project, or guiding a client’s approach to financial controls working in specialist teams like Sustainability and Global Exports.
- Technology Risks and Controls: You’ll help all kinds of financial services organisations manage risk. From auditing their IT processes to transforming their ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning).
- Your professional experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality audit.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Ability to effectively perform the technical components of risk assessments to provide an accurate view of the client’s current risk state
- Internal Controls and Design: Ability to assess and design internal controls by applying an understanding of internal control design frameworks and regulatory requirements
- Risk Strategy: Ability to leverage an in-depth understanding of the client’s strategy to plan and drive the development of impactful and sustainable risk management solutions
- Delivery Excellence: Ability to plan and execute a project to deliver a superior client experience
- Reporting and Presentations: Ability to increase quality, accuracy, and impact of reports and presentations by leveraging critical thinking, experience, and judgment
- Knows the Business and the Industry: Ability to build an in-depth knowledge of the client’s business and stay up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends, innovation efforts, and leading practices
- Executive Presence: Ability to develop relationships, establish credibility with, and instil confidence in clients
- Global Mind-set: Ability to effectively interact with colleagues and clients of varying backgrounds to effectively serve clients
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Additional job details
|Location||Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Liverpool, London, Manchester|