The Now to Next Scholarship is a national student scholarship scheme for students of BME Black and Minority ethnic, or Mixed African or Caribbean background. Each year, up to two students across the UK will be provided with a scholarship of £2,500 per annum during their three year UK undergraduate law degree. As well as the financial award, the students will also received additional support with a guaranteed place on virtual insight events and mentoring.
What we are looking for
Our application process allows you to show us who you really are, beyond grades and experience. We welcome people who are driven to challenge. We’ll be looking for collaboration, drive and problem solving throughout the process. The Now to Next Scholarship is aimed at students from backgrounds that are under-represented in law. We are striving to reach as diverse pool of candidates as possible from BME Black and Minority ethnic, or Mixed African or Caribbean backgrounds. We welcome applications from students who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Attending, and have attended from aged 11, a state-funded non-fee paying school / college or a independent / fee paying school through a bursary scheme in the UK.
- Intend to complete a full-time undergraduate law degree in the UK.
- Strong academic record and references received from schools.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
The application process will consist of the following three stages: Online application form > Video Interview > Assessment Event
This is your chance to tell us more about you. We will also ask you some long answer questions, to find out about your motivations, drive and attributes that you could bring.
- Pay attention to the word count: it is there for a reason. If we give you 250 words, that’s how many words we believe you need to give us a detailed enough answer.
- Attention to detail: ask someone to proof read your application. When you’ve spent so much time on it, it can be easy to miss mistakes.
- Research: do your Dentons research, and be specific. We want to hear what you think makes Dentons unique, and why that is something you are interested in.
- Stand out: you’ve covered what makes Dentons unique, but we also want to know about you. What makes you different?
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 May 2021