Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise. Against a backdrop of increasing globalization in the world economy, Deutsche Bank is very well-positioned, with significant regional diversification and substantial revenue streams from all the major regions of the world. We serve our clients’ real economic needs in commercial banking, investment banking, private banking and asset management. We are investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. All this means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
About Your ADVANCE Insight Programme:
Designed to excite and inspire first year students who identify from less advantaged socio-economic backgrounds, this five-day spring insight programme will open up a world of possibilities for a career in banking. Our Advance insight programme is an amazing opportunity for you. You will get to not only learn about us as an innovator within our field, but also see what goes on behind the scenes and find out more about the different areas of our business. You’ll meet and work closely with a variety of professionals who will help you build a network that will serve you throughout your career, as well as experience the inclusive and collaborative culture that we’re proud to have cultivated at Deutsche Bank.
This programme is for you if:
- You might never have thought about a career in an investment bank
- You’re not sure where your skills would fit in and need help to identify where you could build your career
- You would like to explore different opportunities and find out more about the culture of the bank and the support available
- You would like to know about the reality of banking, not the myths and stereotypes
We deliver the Advance programme in collaboration with our charity partner. Therefore, if you receive an offer for Advance, you will be strongly encouraged to join our partner’s programme of career support.
Our charity partner’s programme provides access to:
- Personalized career coaching with your own Programme Coordinator
- Comprehensive support with applications, including CV feedback and application reviews and mock interviews
- Networking, skills-building, exclusive employability events, insight days and work experience opportunities, including with Deutsche Bank
- Mentoring opportunities with Deutsche Bank and networking opportunities with other leading employers
Please note, if you are not selected to join the Advance programme, we will still encourage you to apply for support from our charity partner, who, subject to availability, may invite you to join.
The programme will help you build confidence and open your mind to various opportunities across multiple divisions in our bank. It will consist of:
- A 5 day interactive insight programme offering introduction to Deutsche Bank and the Financial Services sector including a variety of workshops. These sessions will include: an introduction to our business, our clients, and our role in society as well as meeting many of our inspirational leaders and role models.
- During the week you will shadow and interact with at least one of the bank’s divisions to showcase a type of work you could undertake if you join us as a summer intern in the future.
- Access to employability workshops delivered by the Early Careers recruitment team.
- We will continue to help you build your confidence and skills by delivering various employability workshops throughout the week
- You will also have an opportunity to take part in mock interviews and receive feedback from our Early Careers Recruiters
- Dedicated Deutsche Bank mentors, one in a junior role at the bank, and another more senior employee, will be committed to supporting your professional journey, alongside key skills building throughout.
After the program you will have the opportunity to be fast tracked to an assessment for a summer internship position in 2024. Your Deutsche Bank mentors and the Early Careers team will be available to support you throughout all the stages of your journey with us.
Candidates should expect to commit to a timeline of 16 months, from January 2023 to August 2024.
What we are looking for
To apply for our Advance Insight Programme, you must be in the first year of your undergraduate studies, or your second year of a four year course. In addition:
- Your household income is below £42,620
- You attended a UK state school
- You achieved minimum BBB grades (or contextualized equivalent) at A level
We are looking for highly intelligent students who are ambitious, adaptable and have a genuine interest in a career in investment banking. We’re not expecting you to have all of the knowledge but demonstrating your motivation for this opportunity and willingness to learn is key.
We are open to all degree disciplines, and we will help you match your skills to opportunities at the bank during the programme. We have very comprehensive training programmes that will give you all the technical knowledge you’ll need to build a career with us. Above all, we’re looking for entrepreneurial people who thrive best in a diverse culture where innovation and agile thinking abound.
We are unable to sponsor visas for this programme, you must already have the right to live and work in the UK.
Two virtual interviews will take place from mid-December to February and the programme will take place in April 2023, exact dates to be confirmed.
This programme is designed for students who identify from less socio-economically advantaged backgrounds as this is a group that is currently underrepresented in our graduate programme. Being inclusive is important to us and we want to seek to reduce any barriers to entry faced by disadvantaged students pursuing careers in the financial sector.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023