We are looking for candidates who have a can do attitude, passion to succeed and are capable of quickly learning on the job to develop into a management role. The programme will involve rotations between our core departments across the organisation such as Operations and Customs whilst including exposure to our Support Functions, where you will be responsible for delivering ongoing projects that link to our Business Priorities.
From the get go you will be provided with a support network including a Mentor and Buddy which will facilitate engagement with peers and stakeholders and provide you with a safe learning environment. This will support you through transition periods, provide you with knowledge and encourage growth for your career within DHL.
Training and Development
When you join our programmes we understand that you want to learn – and we are looking for people who have a thirst for developing themselves. To support the ‘on the job’ training you will get in your programme, we have designed a training and development programme which will give you the skills & tools you need to succeed during the programme and beyond.
In return for you hard work, we offer the following benefits:
- Annual bonus up to 5% (depending on company performance).
- My DHL Rewards (discount, saving, cash back at over 3000 retailers).
- Pension Scheme with up to 5% company contribution.
- Access to occupational health.
- DHL share purchase plan (after three months).
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Private medical scheme (after 12 months).
- CIS induction
- Free onsite parking.
- Plus many more.
What we are looking for
- Strong interest and motivation to start and develop a career within the logistics industry in the UK market
- A “can do” attitude, and ability to be flexible in approach to different working styles, shift patterns and job roles
- Passion for providing an excellent service to our customers, with innovative ideas and practical solutions
- Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the placement
- Confident communicator- able to tailor communication style according to the audience
- You will have the willingness to travel between London Heathrow and the East Midlands Hub on a regular basis
- Must be able to work under own initiative with minimal supervision
- Analytical skills and process improvement abilities
- Flexible approach to working hours (i.e., nights and days)
- Customer centric approach to work
- Excellent PC software skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must hold full UK driver’s license
Applicants must have achieved or be undertaking their final year of a degree.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- East Midlands
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 8 January 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 8 January 2021