We are looking for candidates that have a can do attitude, passion to succeed and are capable of quickly learning on the job to develop into a management role. You will be given real tasks and responsibilities from the outset and will be well supported throughout your placement with us.
Your placement year will see you working across our core departments, such as operations and customs whilst including exposure to our support functions to gain an understanding of our business and how we operate. From the get go you will be provided with a support network including a Buddy which will facilitate engagement with peers and stakeholders and provide you with a safe learning environment. This will support you through transition periods and provide you with knowledge.
Training and Development
When placement students join our programmes we understand that you want to learn – and we are looking for people who have a thirst for developing themselves. To support the ‘on the job’ training you will get in your placements, we have designed a training and development programme which will give you the skills and tools you need to succeed during the placement and beyond.
Those who are successful and perform to a high standard through their placement year will be considered for a place on our Graduate Scheme.
What we are looking for
- Strong interest and motivation to start and develop a career within the logistics industry in the UK market
- A “can do” attitude, and ability to be flexible in approach to different working styles, shift patterns and job roles
- Passion for providing an excellent service to our customers, with innovative ideas and practical solutions
- Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the placement
- Confident communicator- able to tailor communication style according to the audience
- You will have the willingness to travel between London Heathrow and the East Midlands Hub on a regular basis
- Must be able to work under own initiative with minimal supervision
- Analytical skills and Process Improvement abilities
- Flexible approach to working hours (i.e., nights and days)
- Customer centric approach to work
- Excellent PC software skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Applicants must be in their placement year of an undergraduate degree.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- East Midlands
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 8 January 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 8 January 2021