This is not a formal training program or part of the wider DHL graduate intake, since we are looking for candidates that have a good understanding of the aviation and transport industry and are capable of quickly learning on the job to develop into a management role. You will be given real tasks and responsibilities from the outset and will be well supported by peers and senior management within the UK & Ireland organisation.
Typical roles within the first year could include any of the following;
- Network Planning Analyst (EMA) - The network planning team is responsible for the artful coordination of flights within the UK&IE and the intricate timings and routings of customer shipments. A role in this department would involve coordinating with the various operational and planning teams around Europe to ensure flights operate to plan and to ensure we make our strict customer service guarantees.
- Purchased Air Group Analyst (LHR) - This is the group responsible for sourcing and managing capacity on third party suppliers (predominantly cargo divisions of passenger airlines). As an analyst within this division you should expect to be involved with airline relations, carrier and lane analysis and IATA’s e-freight program, working with a number of colleagues and industry bodies around the globe.
- Operations Supervisor (EMA & LHR) - Within this role you should expect to be working on the ground in the live operation or operational support departments. You could expect to be responsible for a specific area within the operation working on shift patterns to ensure material is sorted, loaded onto aircraft and that the aircraft depart on time and to schedule.
- Air Capacity Sales Executive (EMA & LHR) -This department is responsible for the sale of spare capacity on the DHL network and you could find yourself working with customers to ensure performance targets are met for the ACS product as well as being involved with the sales and supplier management process.
DHL is a global organisation and has been recognised through various awards to offer one of the best opportunities for those looking for an international career. Successful candidates can expect to quickly gain opportunities to work and live abroad and we actively look for those that are keen to do so. This is not a short term program but a career opportunity, and the current senior management are looking to train and develop future leaders for DHL Aviation (UK) Ltd.
The principal function of DHL Aviation (UK) Ltd is to be a strategic arm of DHL Express, by facilitating the import, export and transhipment of consignments by air. This is done by managing capacity on both the DHL network aircraft and through space purchased on commercial airlines.
DHL Aviation (UK) Ltd manage Hub & Gateway operations and customs clearance, maximising both the efficient processing and transfer of shipments between country and regional networks.
We also locally represent the DHL airline, ensuring effective implementation and execution of Network Global and Regional policies and objectives within the UK HUBs & Gateways network
- Graduate placement year (of a business/management or transport industry related degree)
- Must be able to work under own initiative with minimal supervision
- Flexible approach to working hours (i.e., nights and days)
- Key skill is customer orientation
- Excellent PC software skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Full driving licence
- Possess intercultural sensitiveness
- Abil ity to demonstrate cross-organisational thinking and actions
Accepted degree subjects
business and management studies
East Midlands · London
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Two
Assessment Centres will be held on the Wednesday 22 February 2017 and Thursday 23 February 2017. If you have not heard back by the Friday 27 January 2017, please assume that you have not been successful in your application process.
Closing date: 30/12/2016
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/12/2016