HR is the function within DHL Supply Chain centred on recruiting, managing and supporting the people who work in it. Human Resource Management deals with issues related to compensation, performance management, talent acquisition, organisation development, safety, wellness, benefits, employee motivation, training and many other areas.
The DHL Human Resource Graduate Program provides placement opportunities for graduates to experience a broad range of different environments within both Site and Functional HR teams.
As a DHL Graduate, you will benefit from working within a variety of business sectors which will include working with some of DHL’s high profile customers in our consumer & life sciences, retail, automotive, Specialist Services & Transport, engineering, energy & chemical sectors.
During your Program, you may undertake positions within HR Generalist roles, HR Specialist roles, or be involved in large scale HR Projects which you support & manage.
What the Program looks like:
- 24 month structured Program
- Two x 12 month placements
- Based in either a site or central/regional HR related team
- Early responsibility and fast progression
- Experience of working within fast paced sites and environments
- A framework of personal and professional development modules focusing on managerial skills
- Regular performance feedback and personal development planning
- Support towards your Level 7 CIPD professional qualification
- All placements are within our UK business
What will you get in return?
As part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers and retail discounts. You will also receive an annual salary review and be included in our annual bonus scheme.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities upon successful completion of the program and a professional environment where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills.
We want our graduates to build their careers with us upon successful completion of the program; contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.
What we are looking for
- Strong interest and motivation to start and develop a career within logistics/supply chain industry in the UK market
- Passion for providing an excellent service to our customers, with innovative ideas and practical solutions
- Fully mobile to travel within the UK (graduates will be required to relocate for their placements whilst on the Program)
- Must hold a valid UK driving license at the start of the Program
- Eligibility to work in the UK for the full duration of the Program
- Must be fluent in English
- Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the Program
- Sensitive to diverse working teams and environments
- Confident communicator – able to tailor communication style according to the audience
- A “can do” attitude, and ability to be flexible in approach to different working styles, shift patterns and job roles
- 2:2 or above degree classification (predicted or obtained at the time of application).
- Our placements do not require a background and/or qualification in HR but we do seek individuals who have a keen interest and desire to progress within this discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
plus competitive benefits package
How to apply
Experience Day will take place on 5 December 2019 – please ensure you are able to attend this date before submitting your application.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 13 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 13 December 2019