The DHL IT Management Graduate Program provides exciting placement opportunities for graduates to experience a broad range of different environments within both Central and Regional Information Technology teams. As a DHL Graduate, you will benefit from working within a variety of business sectors which will include working with some of DHL's high profile customers in our Consumer, Life Sciences, Retail, Automotive, Supply Chain Solutions & Transport, Engineering, Energy & Chemical sectors.
Our graduates are empowered to take the initiative, actively get involved in different activity and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business, customers and the environment.
During your Program, you will undertake a variety of positions and be involved in IT Projects which you would support & manage. This might be at a site level working on a particular customer or it could be in one of our central teams working across a number of different contracts. You will develop your business and commercial understanding and build transferable skills using solutions design, project management and change management.
More important than technical knowledge, we are looking for people who have a real passion for information technology and engaging with our customers to develop innovative solutions – therefore requiring customer and stakeholder management skills. You will be commercially aware, technically hands-on, analytical and logical. You will thrive on challenge and take a proactive approach in a fast-paced environment. You are ambitious and want to build a career within IT in the Logistics and Supply Chain industry.
What the Program looks like:
- 24 month structured Program
- Two x 12 month placements
- Based in either a site or Central IT team
- Early responsibility and fast progression
- Experience of working within fast paced environments
- A framework of personal and professional development modules focusing on managerial skills
- Regular performance feedback and personal development planning
- Support towards the professional qualifications - ITIL and APM
- All placements are within our UK business
What will you get in return?
As part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers and retail discounts. You will also receive an annual salary review and be included in our annual bonus scheme.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities upon successful completion of the Program and a professional environment where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills.
We want our graduates to build their careers with us upon successful completion of the Program; contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organization that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.
What we are looking for
- Strong interest and motivation to start and develop a career within logistics/supply chain industry in the UK market
- Passion for providing an excellent service to our customers, with innovative ideas and practical solutions
- Fully mobile to travel within the UK (graduates will be required to relocate for their placements whilst on the Program)
- Must hold a valid UK driving license at the start of the Program
- Eligibility to work in the UK for the full duration of the Program
- Must be fluent in English
- Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the Program
- Sensitive to diverse working teams and environments
- Confident communicator- able to tailor communication style according to the audience
- A “can do” attitude, and ability to be flexible in approach to different working styles, shift patterns and job roles
- 2:2 or above degree classification (predicted or obtained at the time of application) in any discipline.
- Our placements do not require a highly technical background in computer programming or computer science, but you must have an interest in the project management and implementation of information technology solutions
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
plus competitive benefits package
How to apply
Experience Day will take place on 8th January 2020 – please ensure you are able to attend this date before submitting your application
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 13 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 13 December 2019