Data is where state-of-the-art tech meets business decision-making. Our data scientists and engineers combine both mathematical and statistical skills with programming techniques, to derive meaning from data to solve real world problems for clients. Once you have completed your training through our Academy you will be assigned as a consultant with one of our industry partners and you will become a Digital Futures employee.
- Work closely with major clients to understand their requirements
- Support our industry partners on developing strategic tech initiatives
- Apply the technical and business skills you’ve learnt during immersive training
- Create solutions and present the results to business stakeholders
- Collaborate within high performing tech teams to find solutions that have real commercial impact
- You will continue to benefit from ongoing training, support and mentoring from the Digital Futures team. We will continuously assess your progress to ensure you are developing at the right pace. At the end of your development journey in our Academy, you will be perfectly set-up for a brilliant future in data science, data engineering or data analytics.
Join us and start your Digital Future today.
Your journey with us
Your journey with Digital Futures starts with our immersive training, during which our team of expert trainers will help you learn essential technical and professional skills to prepare you for today’s workplace. Our training is delivered online, with one-to-one mentoring and plenty of opportunities to collaborate with your peers. Our mission is to create a workforce in tech that is representative of society, and our commitment to diversity within the cohorts in the academy is a true reflection of this.
On completing this course, you'll have a solid foundation in data techniques, modelling, storytelling, and other best practices to drive valuable insights from data. You will also work towards achieving the certified Associate-level Python Programmer certification (PCAP) from the Python institute, one of the most respected certifications available for aspiring data professionals today.
Once you graduate from the Academy, we will give you the opportunity to take up a full-time employment contract with Digital Futures, during which you will work in high-performing data teams at some of the world’s most innovative companies. During the first two years of your employment, you will also continue to be supported with your learning and development, working towards PCPP Professional qualification.
If you are unsure about applying, or want to find out more about Digital Futures, our Academy, or Data as a pathway for you, please join one of our introductory workshops that we’ll be holding during the application window. All the details of how to join can be found here
Our immersive training
The immersive training begins with a foundation in key concepts used by data professionals, and you will then have the opportunity to specialise and deepen your learning in either data science, data analytics or data engineering. We will work with you to determine your area of specialism taking into consideration both your strengths and career aspirations.
Depending on which area of data you specialise in, you will undertake some, or all, of the below:
- Coding fundamentals (Python, SQL)
- Data storytelling and visualisation (Tableau)
- Ethics in data and AI
- Applied mathematics and statistics
- Big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop / Spark)
- Data model testing and governance
- Data Warehousing and ETL
- Data in the cloud
- Insight and decision making
- Machine learning
- Natural language processing
- Business intelligence
Training is underpinned by a professional skills curriculum designed to ensure that all our engineers are workplace ready once they have completed their technical training Professional skills training is comprised of six key modules:
- Effective communication
- Job readiness
- Diversity and inclusion
- Interview skills
- Networking and personal brand
- Agile methodology
What we are looking for
Our data scientists and engineers come primarily from a STEM background, but you don’t need any previous education or experience in tech or data to join our Academy. We actively encourage applications from non-traditional backgrounds, if you can demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Genuine interest in tech and how it can help the world
- Self-starting and motivated by personal development
- Intellectually curious with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player and collaborative in nature
- Delivery mindset with the ability to get things done
- Truly motivated by the first step in a career in tech
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
How to apply
Start Date: 26th September - your availability is required, please only apply if you are available full-time from the start of training
You must have the right to work in the UK (and be able to evidence it) for your application to be successful
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 26 August 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 26 August 2022