We believe that software engineering is about more than code. Join us and develop an outcome-oriented growth mindset, that focuses on delivering results and directly benefits you and our industry partners. Once you have completed your training through our Academy you will start your career in software engineering working with one of our clients and you will become a Digital Futures employee.
- Work closely with major clients to analyse user requirements
- Support our industry partners on developing strategic tech initiatives
- Apply the skills and knowledge you’ve learnt during immersive training
- Interpret business problems to propose and implement engineering solutions
- Collaborate within high-performing tech teams to write and test code, improving and revising it as necessary
Your journey with us
On completing the course, we will give you the opportunity to take up a full-time employment contract with Digital Futures, working in high-performing software engineering teams at some of the world’s most innovative companies. During the first two years of your employment, you will also continue to be supported with your learning and development, working towards the Java SE8 Professional Level qualification.
You'll be ready to join teams and hit the ground running, having already built test-first, command line, web, and single page applications using multiple languages and frameworks. Above all, you'll think about the quality of the code you write and find ways to keep it easy to read and change.
If you are unsure about applying, or want to find out more about Digital Futures, our Academy or software engineering as a pathway for you, please join one of our introductory workshops that we’ll be holding during the application window. All the details of how to join the workshops can be found on the application page.
- Industry standard developer tools and workflow
- Software design principles
- Client and server-side development, including APIs and async programming
- Data persistence using relational & non-relational data storages
- Ownership of software development lifecycle to deploy features
- Preparation for taking the Oracle Java SE 8 Associate programmer certification
- Effective communication
- Job readiness
- Diversity and inclusion
- Interview skills
- Networking and personal brand
- Agile methodology
What we are looking for
- Genuine interest in tech and how it can help the world
- Growth mindset with a commitment to lifelong learning
- Self-starting and motivated by personal development
- Intellectually curious with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player and collaborative in nature
- Delivery mindset with the ability to get things done
- Truly motivated by the first step in a career in tech
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
How to apply
- You must have the right to work in the UK (and be able to evidence it) for your application to be successful
- Start Date: 26th September - your availability is required, please only apply if you are available full-time from the start of training
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 26 August 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 26 August 2022