Joining the company through the Graduate Programme, your role will provide you with an opportunity to understand the business, build strong relationships, participate in continuous improvement projects and set career objectives, all of which are about preparing you for a leadership role, supporting the development of your skills and knowledge and helping you gain the necessary experience to ensure that you have a successful and fulfilling career within the Finance department of Dunbia.
Joining the company through the Graduate Programme, your role will provide you with an opportunity to understand the business, build strong relationships, participate in continuous improvement projects and set career objectives, all of which are about preparing you for a leadership role, supporting the development of your skills and knowledge and helping you gain the necessary experience to ensure that you have a successful and fulfilling career within the Commercial department of Dunbia.
As a Trainee Commercial Graduate, you will work as part of a dedicated, driven and supportive team, as your skills and knowledge develop over time, you will get involved in all aspects of the Commercial / sales areas within the business and your responsibility will increase. As part of the commercial team you will gain a wide range of finance, operations and business experience and skills through continuous on the job development with coaching and mentoring. It is important that you understand that it is your responsibility to ensure that your development is discussed regularly, that you avail of opportunities to expand your knowledge and that you build and develop strong relationships within the Commercial Department and wider business teams.
The successful candidate will be based within our Commercial department at one of our sites and will be responsible for:
- Operate across all areas of sales and supply chain
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with the site’s commercial team and with the other graduates on the Graduate Programme
- Participating fully and enthusiastically in the graduate induction programme, during initial 12 weeks, which involves rotating through the business gaining a broad knowledge of how each area operates, whereby commercial engages with each department and how they interact with each other and receive full exposure and training in all aspects of the business and meat industry
- Participating fully in all training and gain a robust understanding in all aspects of the operations within our primary and retail production sites
- Gaining a full understanding of production operation is key for a successful career in the commercial field, developing a detailed knowledge of the following areas is essential:
Procurement and supply chain
Primary carcass breakdown and yields
NPD and customer specifications
Stock rotation (maturation)
Line speed and efficiencies
- Providing commercial advice and information to management that is timely, accurate, relevant and comprehensive.
- Acting as an internal liaison between the account management team and other relevant departments to ensure the smooth and successful running of the production process.
- Working collaboratively with the sales team to monitor sales, production, stocks and promotional activities and you work with relevant departments to ensure the highest level of customer service is delivered.
- Working with continuous improvement mindset across all tasks
- Operating in line with our environmental and health and safety standards, processes and policies.
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of food safety and quality processes within the business.
- Understanding the importance of animal welfare within the business.
- Acting as an ambassador for the site at all times behaving in a professional and courteous manner with both internal and external customers.
About our Brighter Futures Programme
Experience is the best teacher, which is why at Dunbia we like to throw you in at the deep end. Combined with formal training you will work with passionate, talented people who will provide invaluable training on the job plus:
- Dedicated mentors
- First class coaching
- Direct access to senior leaders
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training
With no pre-conceived ideas and not limit on your career path, your skills and experience can be uniquely tailored to the multitude of career opportunities within Dunbia. We recognise the importance of continuous development and work closely with recognised management development institutes in Ireland and UK to develop our graduates as managers of the future.
What we are looking for
- A relevant degree in business, marketing or sales related discipline
- Entrepreneurial skills and behaviours
- Demonstrate interest in sales and commercial business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate strong financial understanding and business acumen and good knowledge of Excel
- Excellent time management
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- The applicant must have the right to work in UK
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide · Ireland
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2019