Joining the company through the Graduate Programme, your role will provide you with an opportunity to understand the business, build strong relationships, participate in continuous improvement projects and set career objectives, all of which are about preparing you for a leadership role, supporting the development of your skills and knowledge and helping you gain the necessary experience to ensure that you have a successful and fulfilling career within the health safety and environmental department of Dunbia.
As a Trainee Engineering Graduate, you will work as part of a dedicated, driven and supportive team, as your skills and knowledge develop over time, you will get involved in all aspects of engineering within the business and your responsibility will increase. As part of the engineering team you will gain a wide range of engineering, operations and business experience and skills through continuous on the job development with coaching and mentoring. It is important that you understand that it is your responsibility to ensure that your development is discussed regularly, that you avail of opportunities to expand your knowledge and that you build and develop strong relationships within the engineering department and wider business teams.
The successful candidate will be based within our Engineering department at one of our sites and will be responsible for:
- Familiarise yourself with the organisational structure, particularly within the site where you are based.
- Participating fully and enthusiastically in the graduate induction programme, during initial 12 weeks, which involves rotating through the business gaining a broad knowledge of how each area operates, how engineering engages with each department and how they interact with each other and receive full exposure and training in all aspects of the business and meat industry.
- Participating fully in all training and gain a robust understanding in all aspects of the primary and retail production zstes to include;
Procurement and supply chain
Primary carcass breakdown and yields
NPD and customer specifications
Stock rotation (maturation)
Line speed and efficiencies
Retail processing and packing
- Complying with all relevant legislation ensuring we meet the necessary regulatory standards for of all our customers.
- Building a close working relationship with engineering colleagues, developing an in depth understanding of engineering and sustainability and the main areas of collaboration required between departments.
- Participating in the development of automated systems for our services, production and packaging lines to meet business requirements in the support of automated systems.
- Project managing changes to the existing process automation code and systems hardware over a number of production and packaging facilities.
- Assisting the project team to progress the production equipment capabilities by driving automation projects.
- Supporting the project team with design for PLC’s control and PC controlled equipment.
- Providing automation support to production/maintenance teams, including troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Interacting closely with group engineers to discuss current projects, potential issues and solutions.
- Working with continuous improvement mindset across all tasks
- Operating in line with our environmental and health and safety standards, processes and policies.
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of food safety and quality processes within the business.
- Understanding the importance of animal welfare within the business.
- Acting as an ambassador for the site at all times behaving in a professional and courteous manner with both internal and external customers.
About our Brighter Futures Programme:
Experience is the best teacher, which is why at Dunbia we like to throw you in at the deep end. Combined with formal training you will work with passionate, talented people who will provide invaluable training on the job plus:
- Dedicated mentors
- First class coaching
- Direct access to senior leaders
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training
With no pre-conceived ideas and not limit on your career path, your skills and experience can be uniquely tailored to the multitude of career opportunities within Dunbia. We recognise the importance of continuous development and work closely with recognised management development institutes in Ireland and UK to develop our graduates as managers of the future.
What we are looking for
- Possession of production engineering or mechanical engineering degree
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines
- Be able to make good decisions in high pressure environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- The applicant must have the right to work in UK
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide · Ireland
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2019