Joining the company through the Graduate Programme, your role will provide you with an opportunity to understand the business, build strong relationships, participate in continuous improvement projects and set career objectives, all of which are about preparing you for a leadership role, supporting the development of your skills and knowledge and helping you gain the necessary experience to ensure that you have a successful and fulfilling career within the Finance department of Dunbia.
As a Trainee Finance Graduate, you will work as part of a dedicated, driven and supportive team, as your skills and knowledge develop over time, you will get involved in all aspects of Finance areas within the business and your responsibility will increase. As part of the finance team you will gain a wide range of finance, operations and business experience and skills through continuous on the job development with coaching and mentoring. It is important that you understand that it is your responsibility to ensure that your development is discussed regularly, that you avail of opportunities to expand your knowledge and that you build and develop strong relationships within the Finance Department and wider business teams.
The successful candidate will be based within our Finance department at one of our sites and will be responsible for:
- Familiarise yourself with the organisational structure, particularly within the site where you are based. Identify key members of the team & the wider management that can support you in your development and ensure that you work towards building a strong network.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the site’s Finance team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the other graduates within your network and offer support and guidance to each other where possible.
- To participate fully and enthusiastically in the Graduate induction programme, during the initial 6 weeks, which involves rotating through the business gaining a broad knowledge of how each area operates.
- Develop an understanding of how finance engages and interacts with other departments
- To participate fully in all training and gain a robust understanding in all aspects of the Finance Function in the following areas:
Management reporting and continuous analysis
- To provide financial advice and information to management that is timely, accurate, relevant and comprehensive.
- To seek to gain a full understanding of financial data within the business using related accounts, IT systems and administration held within the company.
- To develop to a level where you have the ability to review company financial records, ensuring that you adhere to the company’s financial procedures and policies, in line with the appropriate regulatory framework and ensuring that we are fully compliant with HMRC regulations.
- To analyse weekly and monthly accounts, and where possible, recommend and develop new and improved strategies of financial accounting and procedures which will add significant benefit to the business.
- Ensure that you work collaboratively with the finance team to produce daily, weekly and monthly accounts and information in line with internal deadlines and that they are communicated out to the appropriate parties.
- To assist in the preparation of budgets, re-forecasts and keep the senior management operations, commercial and finance teams up to date on all site financial affairs, flagging risks and opportunities appropriately.
- To advise on and implement systems controls particularly with regards to stock reconciliations, stockholding and stocktaking practices.
- Make best usage of the Group’s current IT systems and remain abreast of future IT developments to make the reporting process as efficient as possible.
- To carry out specific ad hoc reports, reviews and analysis as directed from time-to-time by your line manager, Financial Controller and senior management.
- Working with continuous improvement mindset across all tasks.
- Operating in line with our environmental and health and safety standards, processes and policies.
- Acting as an ambassador for the site at all times behaving in a professional and courteous manner with both internal and external customers.
About our Brighter Futures Programme
Experience is the best teacher, which is why at Dunbia we like to throw you in at the deep end. Combined with formal training you will work with passionate, talented people who will provide invaluable training on the job plus:
- Dedicated mentors
- First class coaching
- Direct access to senior leaders
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training
With no pre-conceived ideas and not limit on your career path, your skills and experience can be uniquely tailored to the multitude of career opportunities within Dunbia. We recognise the importance of continuous development and work closely with recognised management development institutes in Ireland and UK to develop our graduates as managers of the future.
What we are looking for
- A relevant accountancy degree
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management
- Strong academic record
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Record of high achievement and delivery
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- The applicant must have the right to work in UK
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide · Ireland
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2019