Joining the company through the Graduate Programme, your role will provide you with an opportunity to understand the business, build strong relationships, participate in continuous improvement projects and set career objectives, all of which are about preparing you for a leadership role, supporting the development of your skills and knowledge and helping you gain the necessary experience to ensure that you have a successful and fulfilling career within the food safety and quality department of Dunbia.
As a Trainee Food Safety & Quality Graduate, you will work as part of a dedicated, driven and supportive team, as your skills and knowledge develop over time, you will get involved in all aspects of food safety and quality within the business and your responsibility will increase. As part of the food safety and quality team you will gain a wide range of food safety and quality, operations and business experience and skills through continuous on the job development with coaching and mentoring. It is important that you understand that it is your responsibility to ensure that your development is discussed regularly, that you avail of opportunities to expand your knowledge and that you build and develop strong relationships within the food safety and quality department and wider business teams.
This is a fantastic graduate level opportunity for a technically focused individual to represent the company on all technical issues, liaising with R&D, sales and the production area. Ensuring that all products are produced in a safe and legal manner and in compliance with Dunbia best practice. Ensuring that all products are in alignment with both the company’s policies and the retailer’s policies and strategies. Your role will be key as part of the food safety and quality team in the delivery and efficient implementation of food safety and quality practices and procedures.
The successful candidate will be based within our food safety and quality department at one of our sites and will be responsible for:
- Familiarise yourself with the organisational structure, particularly within the site where you are based.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with the site’s food safety and quality team and with the other graduates on the Graduate Programme.
- Participating fully and enthusiastically in the graduate induction programme, during initial 12 weeks, which involves rotating through the business gaining a broad knowledge of how each area operates, whereby food safety and quality engages with each department and how they interact with each other and receive full exposure and training in all aspects of the business and meat industry.
- Participating fully in all training and gain a robust understanding in all aspects of the operations within our primary and retail production sites.
- Having an awareness of food science and nutrition with a focus on best practice and from a legislative perspective – food safety, hygiene and nutritional requirements.
- Assisting with quality operations, procedures and document control.
- Maintaining and updating the department files including SOPs, risk assessments, HACCP documents and quality management documents.
- Carrying out audits as per schedule.
- Evaluating the written SOPs being carried out.
- Maintaining and managing non-conformance logs.
- Logging complaints and communicating to the relevant personnel.
- Assisting with close investigations into complaints including root cause analysis.
- Microbiological and chemical sampling of finished product and raw materials as per sampling schedule.
- Carrying out internal audits and assisting with external and customer audits
- Working with continuous improvement mindset across all tasks
- Operating in line with our environmental and health and safety standards, processes and policies.
- Understanding the importance of animal welfare within the business.
- Acting as an ambassador for the site at all times behaving in a professional and courteous manner with both internal and external customers.
Experience is the best teacher, which is why at Dunbia we like to throw you in at the deep end. Combined with formal training you will work with passionate, talented people who will provide invaluable training on the job plus:
- Dedicated mentors
- First class coaching
- Direct access to senior leaders
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training
With no pre-conceived ideas and not limit on your career path, your skills and experience can be uniquely tailored to the multitude of career opportunities within Dunbia. We recognise the importance of continuous development and work closely with recognised management development institutes in Ireland and UK to develop our graduates as managers of the future.
Your role will see you tackle a wide range of business challenges in a busy operations environment.
What we are looking for
- A degree in a related discipline (food technology, nutrition, science)
- Demonstrates an understanding and awareness of HSE requirements, always complies and operates in line with policies and procedures
- Demonstrates an understanding of operating integrity, quality processes and systems with high standards for compliance and quality
- Demonstrates strong financial understanding and business acumen
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and enhance food safety understanding throughout the site;
- Demonstrate good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- HACCP trained is an advantage
- The applicant must have the right to work in UK
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide · Ireland
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2019