Joining the company through the Graduate Programme, your role will provide you with an opportunity to understand the business, build strong relationships, participate in continuous improvement projects and set career objectives, all of which are about preparing you for a leadership role, supporting the development of your skills and knowledge and helping you gain the necessary experience to ensure that you have a successful and fulfilling career within the Health Safety & Environmental department of Dunbia.
As a Trainee Health Safety & Environmental Graduate, you will work as part of a dedicated, driven and supportive team, as your skills and knowledge develop over time, you will get involved in all aspects of the health safety and environmental within the business and your responsibility will increase. As part of the health safety and environmental you will gain a wide range of health safety and environmental, operations and business experience and skills through continuous on the job development with coaching and mentoring. It is important that you understand that it is your responsibility to ensure that your development is discussed regularly, that you avail of opportunities to expand your knowledge and that you build and develop strong relationships within the health safety and environmental department and wider business teams.
The successful candidate will be based within our health safety and environmental department at one of our sites and will be responsible for:
- Familiarise yourself with the organisational structure, particularly within the site where you are based.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with the site’s health safety and environmental team and with the other graduates on the Graduate Programme.
- Participating fully and enthusiastically in the graduate induction programme, during initial 12 weeks, which involves rotating through the business gaining a broad knowledge of how each area operates, how health safety and environmental engages with each department and how they interact with each other and receive full exposure and training in all aspects of the business and meat industry.
- Participating fully in all training and gain a robust understanding in all aspects of the operations within our primary and retail production Sites.
- Providing assistance relating to health safety and environment to the site.
- Supporting the management team to meet Health, Safety and Environmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and performance objectives with the aim of improving site safety and commercial objectives.
- Conducting and completing all site related and specialist risk assessments with the support of line management;
- Assisting with implementation of site specific safe working practices;
- Assisting with and maintaining accurate site accident data, assist with accident information reports to identify trends and taking appropriate action;
- Conducting detailed accident investigations and implement recommendations to reduce accidents and incidents;
- Completing site inspections and report on corrective actions regularly;
- In conjunction with the site management team, reporting incidents to the Health & Safety Authority (HSA) including any follow up correspondence and action reports;
- Actively participating in site health and safety committee meetings;
- Coordinating health and safety documentation and ensure any company changes/updates are implemented.
- Capturing all relevant data relating to effluent, energy, water, waste and sustainability measure;
- Formatting and analysing all the relevant data and developing KPI's for internal and external reporting;
- Understanding/operating and advising on effluent treatment processes;
- Performing laboratory analysis of effluent to demonstrate healthy performance across all areas of treatment;
- Liaising with external bodies on regulatory matters i.e. EPA/Co. Co. etc.;
- Maintaining and improving ISO50001 energy management system on site;
- Maintaining and improving ISO140001 environmental management system on site.
- Working with continuous improvement mindset across all tasks
- Operating in line with our environmental and health and saafety standards, processes and policies.
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of food safety and quality processes within the business.
- Understanding the importance of animal welfare within the business.
- Acting as an ambassador for the site at all times behaving in a professional and courteous manner with both internal and external customers.
Experience is the best teacher, which is why at Dunbia we like to throw you in at the deep end. Combined with formal training you will work with passionate, talented people who will provide invaluable training on the job plus:
- Dedicated mentors
- First class coaching
- Direct access to senior leaders
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training
With no pre-conceived ideas and not limit on your career path, your skills and experience can be uniquely tailored to the multitude of career opportunities within Dunbia. We recognise the importance of continuous development and work closely with recognised management development institutes in Ireland and UK to develop our graduates as managers of the future.
What we are looking for
- A relevant degree in health & safety or environmental related discipline;
- A good knowledge of environmental scientific techniques, managing large amounts of data, report writing;
- Excellent attention to detail with a methodical approach to tasks;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent time management;
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- The applicant must have the right to work in UK
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide · Ireland
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2019