Joining the company through the Graduate Programme, your role will provide you with an opportunity to understand the business, build strong relationships, participate in continuous improvement projects and set career objectives, all of which are about preparing you for a leadership role, supporting the development of your skills and knowledge and helping you gain the necessary experience to ensure that you have a successful and fulfilling career within the health safety and environmental department of Dunbia.
As a Trainee HR Graduate, you will work as part of a dedicated, driven and supportive team, as your skills and knowledge develop over time, you will get involved in all aspects of HR within the business and your responsibility will increase. As part of the HR team you will gain a wide range of HR and business experience and skills through continuous on the job development with coaching and mentoring. It is important that you understand that it is your responsibility to ensure that your development is discussed regularly, that you avail of opportunities to expand your knowledge and that you build and develop strong relationships within the HR Department and wider business teams.
The successful candidate will be based within the HR department at one of our sites and will be responsible for:
- Familiarising yourself with the organisational structure, particularly within the site where you are based.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with the site’s HR team and with the other graduates on the Graduate Programme.
- Participating fully and enthusiastically in the graduate induction programme, during initial 12 weeks, which involves rotating through the business gaining a broad knowledge of how each area operates, how HR engages with each department and how they interact with each other and receive full exposure and training in all aspects of the business and meat industry.
- Participating fully in all training and gain a robust understanding in all aspects of HR within Dunbia to include:
- Creating and maintaining employee personnel files;
- Understanding the HR administration processes for recording new starters/ leavers, payroll amendments, employee information updates;
- Absence management and understanding the time and attendance system
- Supporting the complete recruitment and selection process to ensure company procedures are followed and vacancies are filled in a timely manner including the generation of contracts and other relevant documentation;
- Understanding the HR administration processes, inc starters / leavers processes, payroll amendments, employee information updates
- Liaising, supporting and engaging management at all levels across the business on all HR related matters, ranging from general queries, to formal disciplinary investigations;
- Engaging with the Group Ethical Manager to gain an understanding of the requirements in this regard, particularly in relation to ethical audit process;
- Assisting with the delivery of the company induction programme for new employees;
- Assisting with the provision of HR KPI reports on a weekly basis;
- Ensuring that the administration of all HR related work is maintained to meet legislative and company requirements;
- Supporting the ongoing review of HR policies and procedures in line with current legislation and good practice;
- Assisting with any HR legislative and ethical audits;
- Bringing ideas and adding value to the wider HR team;
- Contributing to HR projects across the sites as they arise;
- Working with continuous improvement mindset across all tasks;
- Operating in line with health safety and environmental standards, processes and policies;
- Understanding the importance of animal welfare within the business;
- Acting as an ambassador for the site at all times behaving in a professional and courteous manner with both internal and external customers.
About our Brighter Futures Programme:
Experience is the best teacher, which is why at Dunbia we like to throw you in at the deep end. Combined with formal training you will work with passionate, talented people who will provide invaluable training on the job plus:
- Dedicated mentors
- First class coaching
- Direct access to senior leaders
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training
With no pre-conceived ideas and not limit on your career path, your skills and experience can be uniquely tailored to the multitude of career opportunities within Dunbia. We recognise the importance of continuous development and work closely with recognised management development institutes in Ireland and UK to develop our graduates as managers of the future.
What we are looking for
- A relevant degree in HR or business
- Demonstrate integrity, credibility and confidentiality
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and planning/organisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude
- Previous HR experience would be an advantage
- The applicant must have the right to work in UK
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide · Ireland
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2019