We're a family-owned company and a global leader in the food industry, creating consistent quality meat products from sustainable sources for some of the UK’s biggest supermarkets and food service providers. Our passion for quality and innovation drives our rapid growth, and we're looking for ambitious graduates like you to join our team.
Imagine being part of a company that values integrity, trust, and creating better food naturally. By investing in innovation and sustainability, we aspire to become a key partner for new and existing customers. With our Brighter Futures Graduate Programme, you'll have the chance to grow your career in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment, working alongside passionate people who will help you unlock your full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Livestock Procurement graduate to join our business. Our graduate programme is designed to empower and engage our people. We believe in nurturing talent and helping individuals realize their full potential. Your fresh perspective, skills, and passion will make a tangible impact on our business and the industry as a whole.
As a Trainee Livestock Procurement Graduate, you will work as part of a dedicated, driven and supportive team. As your skills and knowledge develop over time, you will get involved in all aspects of Livestock Procurement within the business and your responsibility will increase. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Providing Livestock Procurement advice and information to management that is timely, accurate, relevant and comprehensive;
- Procuring livestock from farmers via phone calls, visitations to farms and marketing at shows;
- Liaising regularly with the Procurement Manager;
- Liaising with lairage department;
- Assisting at and attending agricultural shows and other related events.
Gaining a full understanding of production and operations is key for a successful career in the Livestock Procurement field. Your role as Livestock Procurement graduate will ensure you develop a detailed knowledge of the following areas:
- Procurement & Supply Chain
- Lairage & Animal Welfare
- Primary Carcass Breakdown & Yields
- Customer Specifications
- Stock Rotation (Maturation)
- Production Planning
- Food Safety and Quality Services
With us you would receive
- 1-to-1 coaching, dedicated mentors, and bespoke management development to help you grow professionally.
- Fast track career progression and the potential to rotate to different areas of the business, broadening your horizons and giving you the chance to explore new challenges.
- The opportunity to learn from passionate and knowledgeable people with invaluable on-the-job training.
- Investment in residential offsite training and team building to further enhance your skills, ensuring you stay ahead of the game.
What we are looking for
- Degree in agri, agri business, business/commerce or sales related discipline;
- Strong financial understanding and business acumen;
- Highly motivated, ambitious and commercially minded;
- Excellent time management;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Experience of Microsoft Office
- Ability to adapt to change in highly competitive fast paced environment;
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude;
- The applicant must have the right to work in UK.
Accepted degree subjects
- marketing and advertising studies
- animal care and veterinary science
- agricultural sciences
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
The successful candidate must, by the commencement of employment, have the right to work in the UK.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2024
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2024