Joining the company through the Graduate Programme, your role will provide you with an opportunity to understand the business, build strong relationships, participate in continuous improvement projects and set career objectives, all of which are about preparing you for a leadership role, supporting the development of your skills and knowledge and helping you gain the necessary experience to ensure that you have a successful and fulfilling career within the operations department of Dunbia.
As a Trainee Operations Graduate, you will work as part of a dedicated, driven and supportive team, as your skills and knowledge develop over time, you will get involved in all aspects of the Operations within the business and your responsibility will increase. As part of the operations team you will gain a wide range of operations, production and business experience and skills through continuous on the job development with coaching and mentoring. It is important that you understand that it is your responsibility to ensure that your development is discussed regularly, that you avail of opportunities to expand your knowledge and that you build and develop strong relationships within the operations Department and wider business teams.
The successful candidate will be based within our operations department at one of our sites and will be responsible for:
- Familiarise yourself with the organisational structure, particularly within the site where you are based.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with the site’s operations team and with the other graduates on the Graduate Programme.
- Participating fully and enthusiastically in the graduate induction programme, during initial 12 weeks, which involves rotating through the business gaining a broad knowledge of how each area operates, how operations engages with each department and how they interact with each other and receive full exposure and training in all aspects of the business and meat industry.
- Participating fully in all training and gain a robust understanding in all aspects of the operations within our primary and retail production sites.
- Work across all areas of production and operations developing a detailed knowledge of:
Procurement and supply chain
Primary carcass breakdown and yields
NPD and customer specifications
Stock rotation (maturation)
Line speed and efficiencies
Retail processing and packing
- To receive training within the Production and Operations Assurance Function including detailed knowledge of the additional areas below:
Production and operations services
- Working in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines;
- Getting involved in the management of raw material specifications in conjunction with the site management team;
- Providing analysis of production efficiency;
- Meeting a number of KPIs
- Gaining details knowledge of the meat processing business;
- Working with continuous improvement mindset across all tasks
- Operating in line with our environmental and health and safety standards, processes and policies.
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of food safety and quality processes within the business.
- Understanding the importance of animal welfare within the business.
- Acting as an ambassador for the site at all times behaving in a professional and courteous manner with both internal and external customers.
Experience is the best teacher, which is why at Dunbia we like to throw you in at the deep end. Combined with formal training you will work with passionate, talented people who will provide invaluable training on the job plus:
- Dedicated mentors
- First class coaching
- Direct access to senior leaders
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training
With no pre-conceived ideas and not limit on your career path, your skills and experience can be uniquely tailored to the multitude of career opportunities within Dunbia. We recognise the importance of continuous development and work closely with recognised management development institutes in Ireland and UK to develop our graduates as managers of the future.
Your role will see you tackle a wide range of business challenges in a busy operations environment.
What we are looking for
- A relevant degree
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to deal with challenges systematically
- Good forward thinking and planning
- The applicant must have the right to work in UK
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide · Ireland
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2019