You’ll be assigned to a live project team putting your university learning into practice from the get go. Whatever you’re doing the work will be challenging, varied and you’ll be in the thick of things. You’ll be interacting with teams across Research, Design & Development (RDD) including product developers ensuring our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use.
Depending on your skillset you could be working on real time embedded software, Mobile App development, debugging, cloud computing or fast prototyping in C/C++.
So as well as the technical know-how and passion to learn more, you’ll need to be inquisitive by nature, enthusiastic about technology, creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving. You’ll be comfortable learning from others but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. In fact, we encourage this.
For the duration of your internship, you will have regular performance conversations as well as opportunities for development to enable you to build your reputation within the team, and this could be just the start. We’ll be looking to offer our high performing interns to return on our graduate programme.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus and joining bonus
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
What we are looking for
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high and it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to:
- Demonstrate practical application of your skills, for example via online portfolio
- Showcase a passion for Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
All applications will be reviewed however, we advise on applying as soon as possible in order to participate in our first round of assessment centres.
- Be on track for a 2:1 or above in a computer science or software engineering (or related) degree
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 5 June 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 5 June 2020