The Electrical/Controls Engineer role is to design, maintain, and troubleshoot electrical, instrumentation and control systems for our equipment fleet, production facility and new equipment designs. You will assist the Technical Director in providing design criteria for electrical, control and instrumentation systems and technical support to the sales, field service and plant operation teams when and where necessary. Excellent communication skills (written and oral) are essential as daily interaction with internal and external customers will be required.
- Provide technical support to the sales team for new and special job applications.
- Manage and maintain vendor relations and contacts for varying job requirements, i.e. instruments, PLCs, electrical suppliers, etc.
- Create and maintain an instrument database for standardisation, tracking changes and identifying vendors
- Assist in troubleshooting field and plant issues when requested. You must have basic troubleshooting skills for electrical, control, instrumentation equipment and be available outside normal business hours via a mobile phone.
- Travel to job sites as directed to provide sales support, job pre-planning, system installation, commissioning and fill in for colleagues when required.
- Establish job site database for tracking all instruments
- Commission, operate, system optimisation and maintenance of equipment at customer sites globally, in conjunction with project engineers, applications engineers and chemists
- Supporting the production facility with equipment quality control helping to troubleshoot, repair, replace electrical and instrument equipment and to change PLC coding as required
What we are looking for
- A thorough understanding of Ecolutia’s standardised and ancillary equipment is required, for which training will be provided.
- Knowledge of industrial water and process treatment applications and systems, in general, will need to be acquired through training and experience.
- Please only apply if you have the right to live and work in the UK
- Upto five years of electrical engineer/controls engineer experience
- Valid driver's license and have access to own means of transportation
- Ecolutia uses Siemens PLCs and HMIs, so previous knowledge on its hardware and software (Step7, WinCC Flexible and TIA portal) would be very positively considered.
- Proficient computer skills including AutoCad, Solidworks, EPlan
- Ecolutia Academy Training with a minimum 80% passing grade (during probationary period)
- Skills in PLC programming, electrical troubleshooting, electrical diagram design and drawing, CAD, EPlan, control panel design, and Instrumentation management are required for this role.
A university Bachelor’s degree in electrical/controls engineering
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 22/02/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details