Are you an undergraduate looking for a publishing and editorial focused internship this summer?
Would you like to gain valuable experience working in a fast-paced global organisation?
We have a fantastic opportunity for an undergraduate to join our summer internship programme for a three-month period and work with our Editorial team to evaluate and improve our author communications.
What you’ll be doing:
- In joining our summer Internship programme you’ll embark on a project to conduct an audit of the author communications sent by ScholarOne, our author submission and peer review system, implementing changes based on user research, to create improvements in the author/peer review journey
- ScholarOne is the first touchpoint our authors have with Emerald on their author journey. As part of this project you’ll conduct user research with our author community to understand their ScholarOne communication preferences, reviewing our standard email templates and then making recommendations for changes to both align the templates with Emerald’s tone of voice and to streamline the messaging
- Throughout the three-month internship you’ll take part in a number of workshops with our learning and development team to help you develop various skills
- Towards the end of your placement you’ll also put together a presentation on the findings of your project and what you learned along the way
Placement length: 12 Weeks – commencing on 3 June 2019.
What we are looking for
- Evidence-based analysis and decision making skills
- Creative / innovative problem solving
- High drive / result orientation / initiating attitude
- Effectiveness in engaging with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent command of English and an awareness of brand tone of voice
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please note the interview assessment date will be Tuesday 7 May.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 02/05/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 02/05/2019
Additional job details
|Location||Bradford · West Yorkshire|
£315 per week