The successful applicant will enjoy a supportive team environment and full training will be provided. Adapting to the Covid pandemic staff have been successfully working from home and are now enjoying a hybrid working arrangement, with part office and part home working.
The role primarily involves taking dimensional take-offs from construction drawings and inputting data into a proprietary software package (Elmhurst DesignSAP). New Building Regulations require energy assessors to review and approve site photographs which will form part of the role. Full training will be provided, and will include housebuilding systems, domestic heating and ventilation, and building regulations.
Further opportunities include assessments of overheating, ventilation, and water use. Energy & Sustainability Reports. BREEAM and SBEM calculations.
Initial salary during three-month probationary period £21,500. On completion of three months probationary period salary increases to £24,000 plus generous profit share. Anticipated earnings in excess of £30,000.
- Hybrid (one day a week in the office) or remote (two days per month in the office)
- 23 days paid holiday
- English bank holidays (paid)
- Full training provided leading to Level 3 qualification (OCDEA)
- Monthly profit share after completion of probationary period
What we are looking for
- A-levels or equivalent in maths and / or science / technology
- HND / degree level education
- Delivery focused
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office
- Good analytical skills
- We accept applications from staff who are based a significant distance from the office (including mainland Europe). In this situation staff come into the office for two days once a month.
- We are particularly keen to hear from applicants with energy modelling experience (using DesignBuilder / IES / TAS / CAD type software).
- No relevant work experience necessary, although experience in an office workplace environment will be a positive asset.
Accepted degree subjects
- environmental science and ecology
- electronic and electrical engineering
- aerospace engineering
- engineering management
- planning and surveying
- civil engineering and construction
- chemical engineering
- transport engineering
- mechanical engineering
- geology and geography
Additional job details
- Hybrid, or partially remote
- £21,500 - £30,000
On completion of three months probationary period salary increases to £24,000 plus generous profit share. Anticipated earnings in excess of £30,000.
- Contract, dates and working times
Full-time · Part-time
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 22 December 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 22 December 2023